County Executive to Present Proposed FY 2015 Budget on Feb. 25
Feb. 18, 2014
- Budget Primer and Budget Information
- Video: Understanding the Budget Process
Audio: Spanish Language – Understanding The Budget
Fairfax County Executive Edward L. Long Jr. presents his proposed FY 2015 Budget Plan, including the Multi-Year FY 2015-FY 2016 Budget, to the Board of Supervisors on Tuesday, Feb. 25, at approximately 10:40 a.m. at the regularly scheduled board meeting.
The meeting will be held in the Board Auditorium, Fairfax County Government Center, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax. It will be shown live on Fairfax County Government Channel 16. The public can follow highlights of the budget presentation through Twitter.
The county executive’s presentation will be available as video-on-demand and air again on Fairfax County Government Channel 16 on Sunday, March 9, at 9 p.m. and Saturday, March 15, at 11 a.m. It also will air as part of the Board of Supervisors meeting replays on Friday, Feb. 28, beginning at 8 p.m., and Saturday, March 1, at 10 a.m.
The public hearing schedule is listed below. Those wishing to speak at a public hearing can sign up online to place their name on the speakers list, or contact the Office of the Clerk to the Board at 703-324-3151, TTY 703-324-3903. The public hearings will be held in the Board Auditorium, Fairfax County Government Center and will be televised live on Fairfax County Government Channel 16.
You can provide feedback and comments on the proposed budget through mid-April at email@example.com. Given the volume of comments, individual responses will not be possible. Residents also have the opportunity to ask the county executive questions about his proposed budget during the Ask Fairfax online chat scheduled for Friday, Feb. 28, 2-3 p.m. Questions can be submitted to Ask Fairfax beginning Feb. 25.
Summary of Important Dates
- Release of FY 2015 Advertised (Proposed) Budget Plan, including Multi-Year FY 2015-FY 2016 Budget: Feb. 25, 10:40 a.m.
- Ask Fairfax Online Chat with county executive: Feb. 28, 2 to 3 p.m.
- Board of Supervisors meeting: advertisement for FY 2015 Tax Rate, FY 2014 Third Quarter: March 4, 10:30 a.m.
- Board of Supervisors Budget Committee meeting: March 18, 1 p.m.
- Board of Supervisors Budget Committee meeting: April 1, 1 p.m.
- Effective Tax Rate hearing in Government Center Board Auditorium: April 8, 3 p.m.
Public hearings on FY 2015 Budget in Government Center Board
- April 8, 6 p.m.
- April 9, 3 p.m.
- April 10, 3 p.m.
- Budget Committee meeting: Pre-Markup: April 18, 1 p.m.
- FY 2015 board budget markup and approval of FY 2014 Third Quarter: April 22, 10 a.m.
- Formal adoption of the FY 2015 Budget: April 29, 10:30 a.m.
Beginning of FY 2015: July 1, 2014
NOTE TO MEDIA: Budget-related materials will be available to the media on Tuesday, Feb. 25, as the county executive begins his presentation. The information also will be posted online. Edward L. Long Jr. will be available for media questions in the Press Room (Room 158) of the Government Center during a break in the Board meeting sometime after the presentation; the exact time will be announced later. Media outlets needing assistance should contact the Office of Public Affairs at 703-324-3187, TTY 711.