Interim Parking Lot Near Silver Line’s McLean Metro Station Opens
July 24, 2014
Under an agreement with Fairfax County, developer Cityline opened a private, interim parking lot today at 1820 Dolley Madison Boulevard, adjacent to the station. This 711-space surface lot offers daily, prepaid and monthly parking, 24-hours a day.
At no cost to the county, Fairfax ratified a deal with Cityline last year to create this private lot. The company built and owns it, and Cityline has hired Colonial Parking to manage it.
Parking rates are:
- $3 for 90 minutes
- $5.50 (maximum) a day on weekdays
- $5 a day for prepaid weekday parking
- $2 a day on weekends
- $90 per month
Payment is by credit card only, or a prepaid, rechargeable Colonial Parking debit card.
Cityline sets the parking rates and keeps the money it collects. It is also responsible for enforcing parking rules, removing trash and snow and providing signs and lighting.
Eventually, Cityline plans to redevelop the site where the lot is currently located. It has proposed up to about 1.5 million square feet of new construction called Scotts Run North.
For more information about the private lot, visit the McLean Metro Parking website.
Rail riders have another parking option too. On Saturday, July 26—the day that Silver Line service begins—Fairfax County will open its public garage at the Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station. Located at11389 Reston Station Boulevard, this is the only on-site parking at the five new Metro stations that make up the rail line’s first leg.
- 2,300 public parking spaces
- 45 “Kiss and Ride” spaces
- 10 bus bays on the north side, 5 on the south
- A secure locker room for over 200 bicycles.
The county owns the public Wiehle-Reston East garage, and Metro will collect parking fees:
- $4.85 per day
- $65 a month for reserved parking
- $75 a year for using the secure bike room. The $75 fee includes a one-time $15 registration fee and $60 for the first year’s annual membership.