County's Summer Camps Offer Many Options
March 20, 2014
From performing arts to sports to high adventure, Fairfax County camps offer a wide range of summertime fun activities for ages 3 through teens. Older youth can find counselor and other seasonal job opportunities.
Neighborhood and Community Services
- RECQuest — Recreation programs for children in grades one through six in community centers throughout the county. More information and registration.
- Therapeutic Recreation — A number of summer programs for ages 5 (must have completed kindergarten) through 22 with disabilities. More information and registration.
- Free Summer Meals for Kids — Nutritious meals served to school-age children up to age 18 who qualify for free or reduced price school meals. More information and volunteers needed.
- Summer Camps — Variety is the spice of life at RECenters, parks and other Fairfax County locations for ages 3 through teens. More information and registration.
- Rec-PAC — A six-week structured recreation program with themed weeks for those entering first grade in fall 2014 to those who finish sixth grade in spring 2014. More information and registration.
School Age Child Care, Department of Family Services
Office for Children
- SACC’s Camp Discovery — Weekly sessions offer an adventure-filled summer to appeal to the artist, performer and athlete in every child. Offered at 26 sites throughout the county from June 30 (closed July 4) to Aug. 15, Monday – Friday, 7:15 a.m. to 6:15 p.m. To enroll children who will enter first through seventh grade this fall, call SACC registration, 703-449-8989. More information
- McLean Community Center — A wide array of fun classes, camps, trips and activities. More information and registration.
- Reston Community Center — Summer camp programs in recreation, adventure, creativity and fun for children ages 4 through 17. More information and registration.
# # #