What You Need to Know: Special Election in Virginia 33rd Senate District is Jan. 21
Jan. 21, 2014
Due to the inclement weather, the Fairfax County Electoral Board meeting has been rescheduled to tomorrow, Wednesday, Jan. 22 at 1:30 p.m. in the Fairfax County Government Center, Conference Room 315-C. The Board will canvass the returns and ascertain the results of the Special Election for the 33rd State Senate District held today, Tuesday, Jan. 21. General election matters will be also be discussed.The Board will meet at 2 p.m. in the same location to consider the qualifications of each person, if any, who submitted a provisional ballot.
A special election is being held today, Tuesday, Jan. 21 to fill the seat of Virginia State Senator Mark Herring, who was elected attorney general and is resigning from the State Senate effective Jan. 11. This election will take place only in the precincts within the 33rd State Senate District, which includes parts of Fairfax and Loudoun counties. Check here to see if you are registered to vote in the 33rd Virginia Senate District. Sample ballot (PDF) and Voter ID requirements (PDF)
There are 10 Fairfax County precincts participating in the special election.
- Frying Pan - Visitor Center at Frying Pan Park
- McNair - McNair Elementary School
- Herndon #1 - Herndon Elementary School
- Herndon #2 - Herndon Community Center
- Herndon #3 - Herndon Middle School
- Hutchison - Hutchison Elementary School
- Coates - Coates Elementary School
- Brookfield - Brookefield Elementary School
- Franklin - Franklin Middle School
- Carson - Rachel Carson Middle School
For more information, contact the Fairfax County Office of Elections at 703-222-0776 (TTY 711) or email email@example.com.
Additional Resources: Map of Virginia Senate Districts in Fairfax County (PDF), Loudoun County Office of Elections