Watch the 2016 Innovation Ecosystem Panel Discussion
Dec. 16, 2016
On Dec. 13, 2016, Fairfax County's Economic Advisory Commission held an Innovation Ecosystem Panel Discussion with local and regional entrepreneurs who discussed:
- Their experiences starting their ventures in the county and the region
- The role that policy makers have in the innovation ecosystem, as well as touching on funding, workforce and place needs
- Moderator: Adam Zuckerman, Founder, Fosterly
- Derek Dohn, Founder and Principal, ThinDocs
- Cathy Muse, Director, Fairfax County Department of Procurement and Materials Management
- Brian Park, Director, Startup Grind DC
- Minh Tran, Founder, Safety Now Solutions
- Marci Zaroff, Founder/CEO Metawear
As part of its strategic Economic Success plan, Fairfax County is working to grow and diversify the economy through encouraging greater entrepreneurship, creating innovation hubs, expanding research and development actvity and other actions.
The Economic Advisory Commission provides policy level recommendations to the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors on the development and expansion of the county's economy. Members include Fairfax elected officials, representatives from industry councils, chambers of commerce, area colleges and universities, and other key thought leaders in the community.
# # #