Fairfax County on Social Media
Connect and engage with your government on official social media sites. We embrace today's new communications tools to share information and engage with you.
Here's a list of official tools and accounts we're using:
Social Media Comments Policy
We welcome you and your comments!
The purpose of our social media accounts is to present matters of public interest in Fairfax County, including its many residents, businesses and visitors. We encourage you to submit your questions, comments, and concerns, but please note this is a moderated online discussion site and not a public forum.
Once posted, the Fairfax County reserves the right to delete submissions that contain:
- Vulgar language
- Personal attacks of any kind
- Comments or content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability or sexual orientation
- Spam or links to other sites
- Clearly off topic
- Advocate illegal activity
- Promote particular services, products, or political organizations
- Infringe on copyrights or trademarks
- Personally identifiable medical information
- Information that may compromise the safety, security or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations.
If there are repeated violations, then Fairfax County will ban participation on platforms that permit organizations to ban users. Please note that the comments expressed on these sites do not reflect the opinions and position of the Fairfax County government or its officers and employees.
Updated Jan. 13, 2016
Fairfax County is not responsible for the content provided on "related" and "promoted" videos that are accessible from this county's YouTube channel. All viewers should note that these related videos and comments expressed on them do not necessarily reflect the opinions and position of the Fairfax County government or its officers and employees.