Beginning Monday, Dec. 4, dynamic tolling will be in effect along a 9-mile stretch of I-66, from I-495 to U.S. Route 29 in Rosslyn during peak hours – 5:30 to 9:30 a.m. eastbound and from 3 to 7 p.m. westbound, Monday through Friday.
If you are driving alone, you’ll need to pay a toll with an E-ZPass. If carpooling as HOV-2+, you can travel for free with an E-ZPass Flex. Buses will travel the lanes for free with an E-ZPass Flex or E-ZPass classified as a bus.
The lanes will remain free to all users during the off-peak periods, including weekends.
Dynamic tolls will manage demand for the lanes and keep traffic moving in order to move more people, provide more reliable trips and offer new travel choices. The tolls will change with variances in traffic volumes and speed.
- Electronic signs will display current toll prices at each entry point.
- Drivers will see two pricing signs before committing to take the express lanes.
- Signs will show the prices for up to three destinations. Even if your exit is not displayed, you will be able to get a general idea of the toll to your destination.
- Drivers will lock in their toll price automatically when entering the express lanes.
The revenue from the tolls will be reinvested in the I-66 Corridor to help fund new transit routes and park and ride lots.
- Visit www.ezpassva.com
- Visit your nearest E-ZPass Service Center
- Call 877-762-7824
- Visit a Connector Store
- Visit one of the following:
- AAA Mid-Atlantic locations
- Select Wegmans locations
- Select Giant Food stores
- Virgina Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) centers
For those commuters who are looking for alternate transportation, our county’s Department of Transportation offers a few options:
- The Fairfax Connector bus system offers numerous routes throughout the county and the region. Call 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608.
- Fairfax County Commuter Services can help with ridesharing options and planning. Call 703-877-5600, TTY 711.
- Visit a Connector Transit Store to get customized travel planning assistance.