DMV now offers two types of outreach to Virginia residents– DMV 2 Go Mobile Unit and DMV Connect. During scheduled visits to the Government Center, the DMV 2 Go Mobile Unit will be in the parking lot; DMV Connect will be at the Department of Tax Administration’s main cashiering counter (suite 223). Hours of operation are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
DMV 2 Go offers all DMV services, including:
- Obtain vehicle titles, license plates, decals and transcripts.
- Apply for or renew your ID card – available for adults and children.
- Apply for or renew your driver’s license – take road and knowledge tests; get your picture taken. Reinstate driving privileges.
- Get a copy of your driving record.
- Obtain vehicle titles, license plates, decals, transcripts.
- Order disabled parking placards or plates.
- Update DMV records, as well as your voter registration record, with address change, etc.
- Request a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to set up a myDMV account.
- Get a copy of your Virginia birth certificate.
- Obtain an “E-ZPass On-The-Go” or “E-ZPass Flex” transponder.
DMV Connect offers limited DMV services, including:
- ID cards – Virginia state IDs, veterans IDs, child IDs
- Driver’s licenses
- Disabled parking placards
- Vehicle title and registrations