The Dulles Toll Road continues to buzz with construction from Reston to Dulles International Airport as the second phase of the Silver Line reaches 30 percent completion.
In fact, more than 2 million hours have been spent constructing phase two since May 2016.
According to the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, which is constructing the $2.7 billion line, the next six to eight weeks will feature the following work:
- Dulles Toll Road/Airport Access Highway: Lane shifts, paving and striping will continue; please drive cautiously.
- Reston Town Center Station: Concrete foundation and concrete barrier wall construction.
- Herndon Station: Pre-cast building ongoing.
- Innovation Center Station: Ongoing steel work and assembly of pedestrian bridges begins.
- Dulles Airport Station: Column construction continues; pre-cast erection will begin.
The project continues beyond the airport to two stations and a new rail yard in Loudoun County.
Driving 55+ mph on the Dulles Toll Road doesn’t allow the best views of construction, so here are a few behind-the scenes photos:
Do you want to know more or set up a briefing?
- For general information, visit www.dullesmetro.com or call 703-572-0506.
- To set up a briefing for your homeowners association, civic group or business, send an email to email@example.com.
- To report construction concerns, call this 24-hour hotline: 1-884-385-7245.