Tis’ the season for festivities and parties! And sometimes that means celebrating too much so you should not drive.
If you or a friend have had too much alcohol to drink, hopefully you’ve already designated a driver. If there’s no designated driver available, then call SoberRide for a free ride home each night through Jan. 1.
- Call 1-800-200-TAXI (1-800-200-8294)
- Call between 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Rides are free up to a $30 maximum fare
- Riders must be 21 years old
You cannot reserve a SoberRide or schedule a pickup in advance. To receive a ride, you can only call during the program hours. A SoberRide call operator will direct your request to the correct participating cab company. Do not call a taxi company directly for SoberRide service as the ride will not be covered under this program.
When waiting for a SoberRide, please watch for a cab from the participating taxi company in the area from which you are calling:
- Fairfax Yellow Cab (Fairfax County)
- Alexandria Yellow Cab (Alexandria)
- Barwood, Inc. (Montgomery County)
- Loudoun Yellow Cab (Eastern Loudoun County)
- Northern Virginia Checker (Prince William County)
- Red Top Cab Company (Arlington County)
- Silver Cab of Prince George’s County (Prince George’s County)
- Yellow Cab of District of Columbia (District of Columbia)
- Yellow Cab of Prince William County (Prince William County)
Since 1993, this DC/Maryland/Virginia regional program has provided more than 63,000 safe rides home.
And beginning today, our Police Department will begin a countywide targeted DWI enforcement effort. Along with our state and local partners, our goal is to crack down on drunk drivers and keep the roads safer for you this holiday season.
In Fairfax County, alcohol related crashes are down by approximately 12 percent from 2013, yet there were still 523 crashes in 2014. Even with the decline in numbers, DWIs remain a serious threat to our community.