More than 30 Virginia craft breweries, 20 food trucks, and 12 bands will be on tap at the first‐ever Workhouse Brewfest on Saturday, August 13, 2016, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in Lorton. Participating breweries are from around our region, including county-based breweries in Lorton, Vienna, Reston and Chantilly.
In addition to the Workhouse Arts Center, Brewfest is hosted by Fairfax County, the Fairfax County Park Authority, Celebrate Fairfax and Visit Fairfax, as part of the county’s plan to boost our local economy:
- Encouraging entrepreneurs and innovation
- Promoting arts, hospitality and tourism
- Supporting events that cultivate a vibrant, energized community
Another goal of Brewfest is to highlight how craft beer is a growing and viable business in Virginia. Craft breweries employ 9,000 people and produce more than $1 billion in economic impact in the state, according to the Brewers Association. There are more than 130 licensed craft breweries in the state, including five in Fairfax County.
- Brewfest attendees can participate in the Workhouse Brewfest Craft Beer of the Year competition. Festival attendees will get to vote on their favorite beer and the winner will be announced at the festival.
- Three stages of entertainment will feature over a dozen bands and performers. There will be a special stage focused on workshops, demos and more related to beer.
- A Mount Vernon Nights concert will close the festivities with a free performance at 7 p.m. in the Workhouse Quad by the nationally‐acclaimed Claire Lynch Band.
- Please drink responsibly. Guests who need a safe ride home should contact a car service, including:
- Springfield Yellow Cab 703-451‐2255
- Yellow Cab of Prince William County 703-491‐2222
- Designated Driver tickets are available at a reduced price of $15 and include admission, unlimited water and craft soda, and access to live music, food vendors, exhibitors, lawn games, workshops, art galleries and studios.
- Recognizing that the Workhouse Arts Center is a bike‐able destination from many areas via Fairfax County’s extensive trail network. Fairfax Alliance for Better Bicycling and Bike Fairfax are developing route maps to encourage bicyclists to attend the event, which will soon be available here. You can also use the county’s interactive bike map.
- Read Alcohol Education Information from the Fairfax County Police Department.