Additional Permit Requirements
The first step in applying for a Fairfax County child care permit is to complete and submit the three required application forms with the application fees. Then the background searches will be completed.
To receive a permit you must also comply with these requirements in the Fairfax County Code:
- Provide a physician’s statement or tuberculosis test showing all adult household residents are free from tuberculosis.
- Provide current certifications in first aid and CPR. Here are a few of the organizations in our community that offer First Aid and CRP training and certification. Please note: online CPR and First aid training will not be accepted as certification.
- Have a written emergency plan and emergency supplies.
- Have a written child care sick policy.
- Have a satisfactory fire safety inspection by the Fire Code Official.
- Have a satisfactory home health and safety visit by the child care specialist.
- Have up-to-date rabies immunization records for dogs, cats and ferrets.
- Have a smoke alarm.
- Have a carbon monoxide alarm (if necessary).
- Have all fireplaces, chimneys and wood stoves cleaned and inspected.
Go back to: Apply for a Family Child Care Permit