USDA Child Care Food Program, Nutritious Meals and Snacks
Nutritious Meals and Snacks for Children in Care!
Choose a child care provider who offers you and your children:
- Full of vitamins and minerals;
- Made using a variety of healthy foods;
- 3/4 of the daily nutrient requirements for children (when your children eat two meals and one snack while in care).
- Have a Fairfax County child care permit or state license;
- Attend yearly training on USDA regulations;
- Be monitored by a child care specialist three times per year.
- Food safety and sanitation;
- Meal planning and food preparation;
- Early childhood development;
- Fun food activities for children;
- Infant and child nutrition, including for children with special needs.
Everybody wins! Your child care provider encourages good nutrition and healthy eating habits. Your children eat healthy foods, which helps them to be ready to learn.
Want more information? Call 703-324-8100!