Enrolling in Child Care Courses
You must be working in a legally operating child care center, preschool, or family child care home in Fairfax County or be an early childhood professional living in Fairfax County.
• If you are a family child care provider, you may enroll in a maximum
of two Institute courses or workshops and two Family Child Care Business
• If you work in a center or preschool, you may enroll in a maximum of two Institute courses. No more than five staff from the same center or preschool may enroll in the same course or workshop.
• You must be enrolled in a course or workshop to attend. Onsite enrollment is not available. If you are not enrolled or are on a waiting list, you will be unable to participate.
If you are unable to attend a course or workshop, please cancel your
enrollment at least 24 hours in advance.
Call the training line at 703-324-3044 or e-mail email@example.com.
Inclement Weather Policy
If you have a question about a weather-related cancellation, you may call the training line at 703-324-3044. You will hear an announcement if training has been cancelled.
If the Fairfax County Public Schools:
• Are closed: there will be no training that day or that evening.
• Open late: there will be no morning training, but afternoon and evening training will continue as scheduled.
• Close early: there will be no afternoon or evening training.
• Cancel evening activities: there will be no evening training.
• Are closed on Friday: please call the training line at 703-324-3044 to find out if your Saturday training has been cancelled. You will hear an announcement if training has been cancelled.
• To receive a certificate of completion for a workshop, you must
attend the entire workshop.
• To receive a certificate of completion for courses with multiple sessions, you must attend all course sessions.
• To receive a letter of participation for courses with multiple sessions, you must attend more than half the course sessions.
• Training is offered at different locations throughout Fairfax County. Please be sure to check the dates, times and locations of courses before completing the registration form.
• Training is for adults only; we cannot accommodate children in any of the courses or workshops.
Please Note: Some courses may require homework in order to receive credit.
Training hours are creditable toward initial CDA requirements.
To hear a recorded list of available training, please call the information line at 703-324-8420.