Summer Indoor Activities for Infants and Toddlers
- Tape empty egg cartons on the floor for the children to crawl or walk over.
- Fill shallow baking pans or plastic lids with water and let the babies splash with close adult supervision.
- Fill empty water bottles with colored water, seashells or pom poms. Tape or glue the tops on for safety. Let the children move the bottles in different ways such as rolling or shaking them.
- Provide various types and textures of paper for crunching and tearing.
- Line up chairs or pillows and go for a “train” ride.
- Use paper towel tubes as binoculars and go “bird watching” through the windows.
- Build pretend animal habitats using empty boxes of different shapes/sizes, fabric remnants, pillows, and other items you have available. Encourage the children to create stories about various animals that might live in the habitats.