Office for Children Shows How To Launch a Child Care Business
The Office for Children will reveal the benefits of running a home-based child care business at a free workshop, "How to Start a Child Care Business."
Becoming a child care provider allows you to have a home-based business and enjoy a personally rewarding profession. Child care providers also have the opportunity to:
- Earn an income while spending time with their own children.
- Earn tax credits for running a home-based business.
- Get reimbursed by the USDA Food Program for meals they serve children in their care.
- Reduce the cost of transportation and other items needed to work outside the home.
- Offer an essential service to the community.
- Work at a job they love.
At the workshops, Office for Children staff will train residents in how to obtain the necessary permit to legally operate a home-based child care business in Fairfax County. Attendees will also learn about ongoing training the Office for Children offers free of charge to child care professionals on how to provide quality educational programs to children.
For more information about becoming a child care provider, call 703-324-8100.