2012 Fairfax County Awards
Fairfax County is often recognized for its outstanding programs, services and public servants. The county also honors individuals and organizations.
The Park Authority received the Best of Aquatics
2012 Best Spray Park award for the Our Special Harbor spray ground
located at the Lee District Park Family Recreation Area.
Department of Information Technology
selected as a recipient of three 2012 Governor's Technology
Awards, including: IT as an Efficiency Driver-Government to Government
for the Court and County Collaborative Partnership Model, and two
recognitions as a finalist in the Innovative Use of Technology in Local
Government category for its Shared Services Cloud portal and in the
Cross-boundary Collaboration on IT Initiatives category for the
cross-jurisdictional Northern Virginia Regional Routable Centerline
- County Attorney David P. Bobzien, Esq., received Golden Gavel Award from the Fairfax Law Foundation's Society of Fellows.
The Park Authority is a recipient of a
Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from
the Government Finance Officers Association for the Fiscal Year 2011
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
- Department of Information Technology received a 2012 Virginia Association of Counties Achievement Award for the "DIT Court Technology Model: Coordinated County and Courts."
- Fairfax County named 2012 Digital Counties Survey winner for a population of 500,000 or more by the Center for Digital Government.
The Park Authority received three Awards
of Excellence from the National Association of Government Commuicators
for the Colvin Run Mill Exhibit, the Sully East Wing Exhibit and the
Take 12! Steps for Community Health in 2012 calendar created by the
Park Services Division.
County Receives Seven NACo Awards— The National
Association of Counties recognized seven county programs and projects
with 2012 Achievement Awards.
- Stormy the Raindrop — Stormwater Management, Department of Public Works and Environmental Services
- Creation of the Department of Code Compliance — Department of Code Compliance
- PROGRESS Center — Department of Housing and Community Development
- Embracing E-Books — Library
- Feral Cats: Traps, Neuter and Return Program — Police Department-Animal Shelter
- Communications Toolkit — Office of Public Affairs
V-16: Volunteer Leave Initiative — Office of Public,
Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Chairman Sharon
Bulova named "Public Official of the Year" by the Virginia
- Department of Housing and Community Development received three National Association of Housing and Redevelopment 2012 Awards of Merit for the Housing Blueprint, the PROGRESS Center and Olley Glen senior housing community.
The Fairfax County Police
Department's Animal Shelter wins the Animal Rescue Story of
2010-2011 and the Community Impact Award from the Metropolitan Council