Fairfax County Inauguration for 2008-2011
On Dec. 12, 2007, the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, Fairfax County constitutional officers, and the Northern Virginia Soil and Water Conservation District directors all took their oath of office in front of several hundred spectators.
Fairfax Circuit Court Judge Stanley P. Klein administered the oath of office to 15 elected officials, who each swore to support the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution of the commonwealth of Virginia, and to faithfully and impartially discharge all the duties incumbent upon them as officials of Fairfax County.
All elected officials will take office on Jan. 1, 2008.
Board of Supervisors
- Gerald E. Connolly (Chairman)
- Sharon Bulova (Braddock District)
- John W. Foust (Dranesville District)
- Michael R. Frey (Sully District)
- Penelope A. Gross (Mason District)
- Pat Herrity (Springfield District)
- Catherine M. Hudgins (Hunter Mill District)
- Gerald W. Hyland (Mount Vernon District)
- Jeff C. McKay (Lee District)
Linda Q. Smyth (Providence
Clerk of the Court
Soil and Water Conservation District Directors
- News Release: Fairfax County Board of Supervisors and Other Elected Officials Sworn in Dec. 12
- News Release: Inauguration Ceremony to be Held Dec. 12