The Weekly Agenda
March 14, 2013
A weekly newsletter produced by the Fairfax County Office of Public Affairs about upcoming public meetings.
Sign Up for Fairfax County Emergency Information
Fairfax County has a variety of ways you can receive important emergency information, including by email.
- The Emergency Information Blog has a “subscribe by email” feature at the top so you can receive emails as soon as new information is posted. At the bottom of the site, you also can sign up to receive posts through an RSS reader. And at the bottom of each blog post, you can share it through multiple formats, including email, printed copies or social media, such as Facebook and Twitter. The blog updates weather and operating status during weather events, such as last week’s snow alert, in addition to emergency-related information.
- The Community Emergency Alert Network (CEAN) is a self-managed systems that allow users the flexibility to change important contact numbers as they occur. After logging in, go to the “Devices” tab where you can add multiple email addresses, etc. to receive important emergency alerts, notifications and updates. Messages can be delivered to different types of devices, including email, cellphone, text pager, satellite phone and wireless device.
- Fairfax County Twitter by text. Text the words and symbol “on @fairfaxcounty” (without the quote marks) to 40404 – you will then receive every tweet (sent by the Fairfax County Office of Public Affairs) as a text message on your text-enabled mobile device. To turn off the texts; send “off @fairfaxcounty” (again, without the quote marks) to 40404.
- “Like” Fairfax County’s Facebook page and you not only can receive current updates, but also see answers to questions in the comments section.
All Board of Supervisors, Board of Zoning Appeals and Planning Commission meetings are held at the Fairfax County Government Center Board Auditorium, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, unless otherwise noted.
Board of Supervisors Agenda
The Board of Supervisors is scheduled to meet at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, March 19. View on Fairfax County Government Channel 16 ( find out about improved video coverage of meetings). Listen/subscribe to the meeting highlights podcast.
- Draft agenda (available 10 days before each meeting).
- Sign up to speak before the Board of Supervisors
- Meeting schedule and past agendas
- For more information, questions or a printed copy of the meeting agenda call the County Executive's Office at 703-324-2531, TTY 711 or email.
Board of Supervisors Actions
The Board of Supervisors last met on Tuesday, March 5. The summary of board actions is available by 4 p.m. on the Monday following each meeting.
- For more information, questions or a printed copy of the Clerk's Board Summary call the Office of the Clerk to the Board of Supervisors at 703-324-3151, TTY 703-324-3903 or email.
Board of Zoning Appeals
The Board of Zoning Appeals is next scheduled to meet at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, March 20 (no meeting March 27). View on Fairfax County Government Channel 16.
- For more Board of Zoning Appeals information or questions call the Department of Planning and Zoning at 703-324-1280, TTY 711, or email.
The Planning Commission is scheduled to meet at 8:15 p.m. on Thursday, March 14; Wednesday, March 20; Thursday, March 21; and Thursday, March 27 (no meeting March 28). View on Fairfax County Government Channel 16.
- Sign up to speak before the Planning Commission. For more Planning Commission information, questions or a printed copy of the agenda call the Planning Commission office at 703-324-2865 (TTY 703-324-7951) or email.
- Schools Committee - Thursday, March 14, 7 p.m., Board Conference Room (behind Board Auditorium), Fairfax County Government Center. Continue discussion with members of the Public Schools' Facilities Planning Advisory Council on the Comprehensive Plan Update Project related to school sites.
- Capital Improvement Program Committee – Wednesday, March 20, 7 p.m., Board Conference Room (behind Board Auditorium), Fairfax County Government Center. Discuss the Fairfax County Advertised Capital Improvement Program (CIP), Fiscal Years 2014-2018 (with future fiscal years to 2023).
- Parks Committee – Wednesday, March 27, 7 p.m., Board Conference Room (behind Board Auditorium), Fairfax County Government Center. Discuss a proposed amendment to the Parks section of the Policy Plan.
Calendar. All meeting times and locations are subject to change. The calendar will be updated often so you may want to check it again as it gets closer to the meeting date. For more information relating to specific meetings, call the contact number listed.
County News and Information
- Read news and information recently issued by the Fairfax County Office of Public Affairs and other county agencies.
- Get the latest county news updates from NewsWire.
- Sign up for Fairfax County Emergency Information for official emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.