The Weekly Agenda
March 7, 2013
A weekly newsletter produced by the Fairfax County Office of Public Affairs about upcoming public meetings.
Board Authorizes Tax Rate Advertisement
The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors authorized advertisement of a real estate tax rate for FY 2014 of $1.095 per $100 of assessed value at its March 5 meeting. The current FY 2013 rate is $1.075. Advertising an increase in the rate does not prevent the board from lowering any advertised tax rate, but a higher tax rate cannot be imposed without advertising the higher rate. Each one cent increase in the real estate tax rate impacts the average residential taxpayer’s annual bill by approximately $47.
A public hearing on the effective tax rate will be held on Tuesday, April 9, 3 p.m., Fairfax County Government Center Board Auditorium.
All Board of Supervisors, Board of Zoning Appeals and Planning Commission meetings are held at the Fairfax County Government Center Board Auditorium, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, unless otherwise noted.
Board of Supervisors Agenda
The Board of Supervisors is scheduled to meet at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, March 19. View on Fairfax County Government Channel 16 ( find out about improved video coverage of meetings). Listen/subscribe to the meeting highlights podcast.
- Draft agenda (available 10 days before each meeting).
- Sign up to speak before the Board of Supervisors
- Meeting schedule and past agendas
- For more information, questions or a printed copy of the meeting agenda call the County Executive's Office at 703-324-2531, TTY 711 or email.
Board of Supervisors Actions
The Board of Supervisors last met on Tuesday, March 5. The summary of board actions is available by 4 p.m. on the Monday following each meeting.
- For more information, questions or a printed copy of the Clerk's Board Summary call the Office of the Clerk to the Board of Supervisors at 703-324-3151, TTY 703-324-3903 or email.
Board of Zoning Appeals
The Board of Zoning Appeals is next scheduled to meet at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, March 20 (no meeting March 13). View on Fairfax County Government Channel 16.
- For more Board of Zoning Appeals information or questions call the Department of Planning and Zoning at 703-324-1280, TTY 711, or email.
The Planning Commission is scheduled to meet at 8:15 p.m. on Thursday, March 7; Thursday, March 14; Wednesday, March 20; and Thursday, March 21 (no meeting March 13). View on Fairfax County Government Channel 16.
- Sign up to speak before the Planning Commission. For more Planning Commission information, questions or a printed copy of the agenda call the Planning Commission office at 703-324-2865 (TTY 703-324-7951) or email.
- Environment Committee - Thursday, March 7, Cancelled.
- Schools Committee - Thursday, March 14, 7 p.m., Board Conference Room (behind Board Auditorium), Fairfax County Government Center. Continue discussion with members of the Public Schools' Facilities Planning Advisory Council on the Comprehensive Plan Update Project related to school sites.
- Capital Improvement Program Committee – Wednesday, March 20, 7 p.m., Board Conference Room (behind Board Auditorium), Fairfax County Government Center. Discuss the Fairfax County Advertised Capital Improvement Program (CIP), Fiscal Years 2014-2018 (with future fiscal years to 2023).
Calendar. All meeting times and locations are subject to change. The calendar will be updated often so you may want to check it again as it gets closer to the meeting date. For more information relating to specific meetings, call the contact number listed.
County News and Information
- Read news and information recently issued by the Fairfax County Office of Public Affairs and other county agencies.
- Get the latest county news updates from NewsWire.
- Sign up for Fairfax County Emergency Information for official emergency information about preparedness, response and recovery from Fairfax County Government.