Future Plans for Clemyjontri Park...
Development plans (*.pdf file) for the park include natural areas, open space, wooded glens, trails, gardens and a wonderful home for community use.
Phase I - Completed
- Includes the eight acres closest to Georgetown Pike
- Entrance road, carousel, carousel pavilion, playground, picnic pavilion, office and storage buildings, landscaping, stormwater management and parking lot construction
- Asphalt trails north and east of the playground that will eventually connect to site perimeter trails which will encircle the park during Phase II and Phase III developments
- Includes the 5.6 acreas fronting Dolley Madison Boulevard, with buffers on the east and west
- A second 55-space parking area is schedule to be built to serve events and activities at the house and gardens (the house and gardens will become a feature of the park during Phase III)
- A perimeter loop trail around the park will be completed
- Regional trails will be constructed along the park frontage
- Development of remaining 5 acres
- The house and gardens will become a major feature of Clemyjontri Park
- A gazebo will be constructed to make the gardens usable for weddings and other outdoor activities