Ellanor C. Lawrence, Birthday Party Packages
These exciting customizable party packages mean the perfect party for anyone ages 4 to 12! Please call Walney Visitor Center at 703-631-0013 for more information, availability and requests.
Party Information and Rules
Reservation, Refund and Cancellation Information
- Party dates must be requested at least two weeks in advance of desired party date.
- Payment in full is required to confirm reservation. Payment may be made over the phone or in person with a Visa or MasterCard. Checks made payable to "Fairfax County Park Authority" may be mailed or dropped off in person to Walney Visitor Center at Ellanor C. Lawrence Park, 5040 Walney Road, Chantilly 20151.
- Refunds, less a $25 adminstrative fee, may be requested up to two weeks in advance of party date. Refunds requested after this date will not be granted. Refunds will not be issued for inclement weather unless the park is closed or there are other safety factors.
- Rain dates will be arranged in advance for campfire parties.
- All decorating, set up and cleanup must be completed within scheduled party time.
- Refrigerator space is available for use by party guests.
- Indoor classroom space is for naturalist-led program portion of parties only and may not be decorated. Exceptions for indoor use may be made at the naturalist's discretion for inclement weather.
- All decorations and signs must be removed completely at end of party including tape, strings and ribbon. Decorations and signs may not be stapled, tacked or nailed to park property, signs or trees. Helium balloons are discouraged. Balloons are not permitted to be released.
- There is no vehicular access to party locations. Supplies, gifts, etc. will need to be transported from the parking lot at Walney Visitor Center.
- Grills and barbecues, DJs, moon bounces, petting zoos, pony rides and amplified sound/music are prohibited.
- Please bring trash bags and be prepared to remove your trash with you when you leave. There are no dumpsters at Walney Visitor Center.
- Neither Walney Visitor Center's covered picnic area nor fire rings are available for separate rental.
- All Fairfax County Park Authority rules and regulation apply. For complete list, see here: Park Rules.
For Coyote or Bat Campfire packages only:
- Only the naturalist may start or tend the campfire.
- Party planners may bring additional food items, such as marshmallows, to roast or cook.
- Children are not allowed to light sticks, make torches or engage in other behavior deemed by park staff to be dangerous to themselves or others.
- Party guests should wear sturdy, close-toed shoes suitable for a short trail hike and dress for the weather.
- Bring flashlights.