Bark in the Park
[ 7500 Accotink Park Road ] [ Springfield, VA 22150 ] [ 703-569-3464 ]
Our dog obedience classes help develop understanding and communication and build a strong relationship between pet and handler. Flexible training methods are employed for home management, problem solving and correction. Please note:
- Dogs that display fear or aggression are not permitted in Park Authority classes.
- Bring a shot record with proof of DHLA rabies and parvovirus shots to the first class.
- All dogs must be legally licensed, vaccinated, wearing a visible dog license and leashed when entering or leaving the class area.
- Check with instructor at first class for proper leashes, collars and other equipment.
- An adult must stay with child handler if student is under 16 or does not have own transportation.
Off-Leash Dogs Welcome in Special Dog Parks
The Fairfax County Park Authority has always welcomed leashed dogs in all of its parks. Now, for owners of well-mannered canines who enjoy a good run or a friendly romp, there's the additional option of off-leash dog parks - fenced areas where unleashed dogs can have free play.
More Canine Attractions at Lake Accotink Park
Canine cruises and other social encounters for dogs attract a following year after year. Lake Accotink Park is the place to be for responsible pet owners and anyone who wants to “put some bark in the park.” Call the park at 703-569-0285 for registration and more information.
Dog Training One-on-One
Lake Accotink Park offers individualized dog training lessons taught by a longtime FCPA dog obedience instructor. Perfect for busy people. Sessions are customized to your dog’s level of behavioral development and tailored to your schedule. Includes a pre-session consultation with the instructor to determine your goals and set a date and time for your first session. This is an excellent option for those who need more flexibility than weekly lessons can provide.