Campgrounds Host Program
[ 1400 Lake Fairfax Drive ] [ Reston, VA 20190 ] [ 703-471-5414 ]
Thank you for your interest in becoming at Campground Host at Lake Fairfax Park. As a host you will be asked to work a minimum of 32 hours a week assisting the park maintenance crew as well as assisting our campers.
What we are seeking:
Camp Host (s) are for our prime season from May 1 to October 31 and are looking for outgoing and friendly people who love meeting new folks. We want hosts who are able to deal positively with different kinds of people and understand the limits of their authority and responsibility. They should have a strong camping experience, be willing to share their love of the outdoors and camping with others.
Who are camp host?
Camp host are individuals and couples with their own RV or trailer who offer their labor/services in Lake Fairfax Park in Virginia, in exchange for a free camp site in the park for their designated period of time. Host must be 21 years of age and are required to pass a background and reference check.
What Do Camp Host Do?
Host are on-site representatives of Lake Fairfax Park. They basically welcome campers, acquaint them with park facilities and regulations and answer questions on local and statewide attractions. In addition to being a presence in the park, their duties may include:
- Provide hospitality to campers
- Provide information about local services& attractions
- Act as a good camping role model
- Generally assist campers as needed
- Walk through the campgrounds several times a day, conducting camp checks and making sure all rules are met.
- Be available for late night emergencies
- Preforms housekeeping/ janitorial duties according to park standards daily Monday thru Friday and on weekends as needed. Estimated time 2 hours per day” and other areas in or around campgrounds
- Stay visible and approachable to campers by being outdoors frequently
- Contact the park manager and/or the local police when necessary
- Stay in communication with staff, referring problem and helping with a solutions
- Perform other projects and assignments based on park needs and host skills and interests
What Will Host Receive?
The campground host will receive a full hook-up site for the stay for free and discount admission to water Mine on full price rate mon-fri and host ONLY.
How are the Host Selected?
Hosts are selected on a first-come, first serve basis and must have their own RV or trailer. Selection criteria includes experience in camping, prior campground or park host service, working with the public and how well skills match the park. Host are on duty at least five days out of seven, with any days off taken MID-WEEK. Daily hours vary but generally concentrated in early morning, mid-late afternoon evenings and night. Host are on call when on site. The schedule of our host allows ample time to enjoy recreational activities with family and friends while providing volunteer services at Lake Fairfax Park.
If interested in becoming a camp Host, you will need to submit an application. Successful applicants are required to sign an agreement stating they agree to parks duties, benefits, obligations and termination condition.