- Swimming is prohibited in all ponds, lakes, rivers, streams and bays or from shoreline of water bodies owned or maintained by the Fairfax County Park Authority without the express written permission of the Park Authority.
- No person shall intentionally cause boats to collide or capsize.
- No person shall stand in rental boats, except when loading or unloading.
- No person shall behave recklessly or in a manner that may pose a threat to other persons using the marina or on the water.
- All boats must have at least 1 Coast Guard approved Type III or better Personal Floatation Device (PFD) for each occupant of the boat and 1 type IV throwable PFD for each occupant of the boat.
- Boats must load or unload passengers in designated areas.
- Boats must be returned to the marina before dusk or by the designated time.
- Minimum age for boat rental is16 years. Each boat must have at least 1 occupant 16 years or older.
- Private boats and motors must comply with restrictions posted at the individual marinas.
- No person shall operate a type of boat in an area designated specifically for a different type of boat.
- Inflatable boats must have 3 or more chambers to be used on Park Authority waters.
- All occupants of rental canoes and pedal boats must wear a Coast Guard approved Class I, II, or III PFD.
- All children less than 50 pounds in weight must wear a PFD at all times when in a rental boat.
- Pets are not permitted in rental boats on Park Authority waters unless participating in a park sponsored activity and under direct supervision.
- Fishing piers are closed in the event of electrical storms and must be vacated immediately.
- The maximum number of people allowed in canoes, rowboats and paddleboats is posted at each site; exceeding the maximum is prohibited.
- Launching ramps or shorelines of the park may not be used for racer hydroplanes, airplanes or other craft causing excessive noise.
- All Commonwealth of Virginia boating and fishing laws apply.
- Conduct that may endanger the welfare of any person is prohibited.