Riverbend Park Reservable Picnic Areas
8700 Potomac Hills Street, Great Falls 22066
Picnic Line at 703-324-8732.
Make a Reservation
- NEW! Volleyball Area: $10/hr with picnic reservation, $15/hr without picnic reservation
- The patio area can be reserved 7 days a week from 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. The patio has a water view and includes the whole lower level and half of the upper level. Grills are not allowed on the deck. People can bring their own grill and place it in the grassy area below the deck. The area from the hand railing to the bathrooms will remain open for public use.
Ammenities for the pavillion and the deck include:
- Children's scavenger hunt ($1, available when visitor center is open: 12-5pm weekends, 9-5 weekdays, closed Tuesdays).
- Visitor Center - live animals and exhibits, snack bar and gift shop (visitor center is open: 12-5pm weekends, 9-5 weekdays, closed Tuesdays).
- Volleyball poles (just bring your own net and ball).
- Horseshoe pit (bring your own horseshoes).
- Fishing rod rentals available May 8 through October 8, 2-hour rental $6.
- Row boat rentals available May 20 through October 10, 1/2-day rentals $15, full day rentals $25.
- Boat ramp (put in your own canoe or kayak, experienced boaters only, $5/boat launch fee).
- Private wagon ride programs available. See more of Riverbend Park! Ride through the forest trail and around the meadow. To reserve, call 703-759-9018.
- Over 10 miles of hiking trails.