Picnic Reservation Policies
- Picnic Reservation staff finalizes all reservations requests once you have completed an application, and payment in full is received. Event plans should not be finalized until you receive a picnic reservation permit.
- Prior to selecting and reserving any picnic area, canopy, gazebo shelter, or amphitheater we recommend that your group representative visit the park facility in advance. Once areas are reserved and paid for any changes will involve a change or cancellation fee, or possibly a forfeited fee.
- Cancellations/Changes requested more than 10 days before the event will incur a $25 processing fee.
- Cancellations/Changes to the reservation are not allowed within 10 days of the event.
- Your reservation permit only reserves the portion of the park indicated on the “SPECIFIC AREA RESERVED” section. The park must remain open to the public.
- The adult who is listed as the group representative on the picnic application must be the contact person during the entire event.
- All picnic/shelter/canopy/gazebo areas must be vacated at dusk.
- A damage/clean-up fee of may be charged if your picnic area is damaged or not left in good condition.
- All trash is to be bagged and placed in the nearest trash dumpster.
- If the number of persons in the permitted group exceeds the maximum number of people allowed for the specific area reserved the park staff may be forced to order the group to leave the park. There will not be a refund if this should occur.
- No alcohol is allowed in any of our reservable picnic/shelter/canopy/gazebo or amphitheaters areas.
- Picnic reservations do not include parking and parking is not allowed on the grass.
- Caterers, clowns, magicians, radios, cd players, ipods, and boom boxes are allowed without a special use permit.
- Moon Bounces, Inflatables, Dunk Tanks, Carnival Rides, Pony Rides, Petting Zoos, DJs, Bands, and other amplified sound systems are not permitted in Fairfax County Parks without separate approval. Approval is determined on a case by case basis by park management. If the request is approved, details of approved activities will be indicated on the picnic permit.
- To reserve an athletic field you must call 703-324-5533. Fields, open areas, or other park amenities are not included with a picnic reservation.
Group is responsible for adhering to all Park Authority policies, rules, and regulations.
Group Representative, by signing this document, may be responsible for any violation of the rules, regulations, and policies.
The Group Representative will be the only person allowed to make changes or cancellations for the group.
The Group Representative should have a copy of the picnic permit with them on the day of the event.