Picnic Reservation Policies
- Picnic Reservation staff finalizes all reservations requests once you have completed an application, and payment in full is received. Event plans should not be finalized until you receive a picnic reservation permit.
- Request for picnic rentals SHOULD NOT be submitted with less than 48 hours of advance notice prior to the required date.
- Prior to selecting and reserving any picnic area, canopy, gazebo shelter, or amphitheater we recommend that your group representative visit the park facility in advance. Once areas are reserved and paid for any changes will involve a change or cancellation fee, or possibly a forfeited fee.
- There will be NO REFUND of rental fees or CHANGES in rental dates or rental areas with less than 10 days notice from the reservation date.
- For cancellations or changes made with at least 10 days notice from the date of the picnic reservation there will be a change or cancellation fee of $25. Changes made more that 30 days before the picnic reservation date will not be charged a change fee.
- There are NO refunds for picnic shelters, gazebo, and canopy picnic areas due to inclement weather. Weather cancellations for picnic areas and amphitheaters are not allowed until the date of your event. All weather cancellation refunds or changes for picnic and amphitheater reservations must be made no more than 48 hours after your scheduled picnic date. Refund or change request will not be allowed after the 48 hour period.
- Your reservation permit only reserves the portion of the park indicated on the “SPECIFIC AREA REQUESTED” section. The park must remain open to the public.
- The adult who is listed as the group representative on the picnic application must be the contact person thru out the entire event.
- All picnic/shelter/canopy/gazebo areas must be vacated at dusk.
- A damage/clean-up fee of may be charged if your picnic area is damaged or not left in good condition.
- All trash is to be bagged and placed in the nearest trash dumpster.
- If the number of persons in the permitted group exceeds the maximum number of people allowed for the specific area reserved the park staff maybe forced to order the group to leave the park. There will be no refund if this should occur.
- No alcohol is allowed in any of our reservable picnic/shelter/canopy/gazebo or amphitheaters areas.
- Picnic reservations do not include parking. There is no parking allowed on the grass.
- We do not allow moon bounces, inflatable’s, ponies, petting zoos, bands, or djays with any picnic reservations. We will allow caterers, clowns, magicians, radios, cd players, ipods, and boom boxes.
- To reserve an athletic field you must call 703-324-5533. Fields, open areas, or other park amenities are not included with a picnic reservation.
Group is responsible for adhering to all Park Authority policies, rules, and regulations.
Group Representative by signing this document may be responsible for any violation of the rules, regulations, and policies.
The Group Representative will be the only person allowed to make changes or cancellations for the group.
The Group Representative should have a copy of the picnic permit with them on the day of the event.