Help Restore Habitat in Local Parks During VolunteerFest
The Invasive Management Area (IMA) program has 14 sites participating in Volunteer Fairfax's VolunteerFest on Saturday, October 27, 2012. This is also the National Day of Service, so it's a great time to get out and volunteer in local parks! Choose a park from the list below:
Events on October 27:
- Pohick Stream Valley: Volunteers are needed from 9 a.m. to noon to remove invasive plants.
- Brentwood Park: Volunteers will work from 10 a.m. to noon on removing invasive plants.
- Nottoway Park: Volunteers will work from 9 a.m. to noon in this beautiful and historic park.
- Annandale Community Park: This lovely park needs your help to combat invasive plants.
- Lemon Road Park: Help remove invasives and learn about your local plants from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Huntley Meadows Park: Volunteers are needed from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. to remove invasive plants that could threaten this parks fragile wetland ecosystem.
- Clermont: From 1 to 4 p.m. volunteers will be working to remove invasive plants.
- Borge Street Park: Volunteers are needed from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to remove invasive plants.
- Dunn Loring Park: Do you like trees? If so come out from 9 to 11:30 a.m. to show you care by removing non-native plants.
- J.E.B. Stuart Park: Your help is needed from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. to restore this park to its previous state. The park's neighbors along with birds and wildlife will thank you!
- McLean Hunt Park: Show your muscle from 9 a.m. to noon as you remove invasive plants from this lovely park in McLean.
- Rutherford Park: Help preserve nature's beauty from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Event on October 28:
- Idylwood Park: From 9 to 11 a.m., work at this busy park in McLean to remove invasive plants.