Rec-PAC Counselor-in-Training (C.I.T.) Programs Volunteer
Looking for a great summer experience working with children? The RecPAC CIT program is a wonderful opportunity for teens who want to further develop their leadership and communication skills as well as gain experience in planning and instructing activities for young children.
Rec-PAC is a structured recreation program with emphasis on leisure skills designed for elementary school children. This year the Rec-PAC program will operate on weekdays from July 5 through August 10, 2017.
Counselors-in-Training work as part of a staff team to facilitate activities for children. During the summer, students will be assigned to a site and work daily from 8:15 a.m.-3:45 p.m. Through this summer position, CIT's:
develop new skills
work as a team with college-age staff
have fun helping kids
CIT's must be at least 14 years old to work. Many CIT's return year after year, eventually accepting paid Rec-PAC positions when they turn 18 years of age.
To become a C.I.T., here is what you need to do:
- Applicants are placed in order of the date application is received. Select your first choice for a site from the list of schools and centers. Returning CIT's have first choice of sites, and while we try to honor site requests, it is not always possible to give everyone their first choice.
Complete, sign (both parent & teen) and return these forms
by June 9 via mail or fax:
- C.I.T. Registration Form - include the appropriate registration fee (check payable to "FCPA" or VISA and MasterCard accepted)
- Counselor-in-Training Agreement - with signatures
- Download the C.I.T. Registration Packet (contains above 2 forms)
- Attend an orientation at Chantilly High School in Chantilly on Saturday, June 24 from 9:00 a.m. to 12 noon. You will receive a C.I.T. manual and t-shirt. All participants must attend this training to be a C.I.T. this summer.
Map to Chantilly High School
Any youth wishing to participate must complete a 3-hour orientation course on Saturday, June 24, 2017 at Chantilly High School in Chantilly, VA, from 9am-Noon. The $135 fee (add $15 for out-of-county residents) includes 3 hours of training, a manual, and a t-shirt. Payments can be made with Visa, MasterCard, or by check. Return form to Rec-PAC office by June 9. New or returning CIT, you must attend this training to be a C.I.T. this summer!
CONTACT US: To speak to a staff person 8:00AM – 4:30
Monday – Friday: 703-324-5514 (May - August)