Fairfax County Park Authority Camp Counselors Needed
2017 Camp Counselors Needed
Under the supervision of the Camp Director and the full time center staff, the Camp Counselor is responsible for the program planning and implementation of the recreational day camp program. This includes all field trips, pool activities and special events where applicable. In addition, Camp Counselors are responsible for the overall supervision of the children enrolled in the program including: ensuring health & safety precautions are met, complying with FCPA Standard Operating Procedures, and adhering to the VA Department of Social Services child care regulations.
The Camp Counselor shall adhere to all guidelines outlined in the Camp Counselor Handbook. He/She will be responsible for organizing and maintaining all camp equipment, supplies and camp areas. The Camp Counselor will be responsible for contacting campers prior to each camp session as well as preparing and distributing camp activity calendars and activity summaries. He/She will be responsible for documenting all accidents, injuries, incidents, complaints, and problems.
The following RECenter and park locations are hiring camp counselors for the 2017 spring break and summer camps:
|Locations Hiring Camp Counselors|
Staff must be of good character and reputation and be capable of accepting training, carrying out assigned tasks, communicate orally and in writing, communicate with emergency personnel and understand instructions on prescriptions.
All Camp Counselor staff must be at least 18 years of age and have a minimum of one season (at least 2 months) experience actually working with children in a group setting.
In addition, all Camp Counselors must:
1. Agree to a Criminal Background Check and a Central Registry Check completed by Child Protective Services.
2. Provide negative TB test results (valid for two years).
3. Attend at least 12 hours of staff development and training and a site orientation.
4. Have current First Aid and CPR certifications.
5. Have NEVER been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor related to abuse, neglect, exploitation, or other barrier crimes as listed on the Sworn Disclosure Statement of the Criminal Record Check.
6. Provide at least 2 references.