There's enough going on in your parks to fill every leisure hour and satisfy every recreational interest. But with such a wide variety of classes, finding the one thing you want may be a challenge. We hope to make your search a bit easier. Listed below are the 15 major categories of our class offerings. Each category title links you to detailed information on those specific programs, as well as direct access to the Parktakes Online class registration system.
So grab your mouse and lets get scrolling!
- Adapted Leisure Services:
- Swimming classes, and more for individuals with disabilities
- Swimming, water exercise, diving, lifeguard and instructor training, and other water-based programs
- Boating, Fishing, Camping:
- Sailing lessons, safety courses, etc.
- Children's Corner (0-5 years):
- Preschool programs, fitness, dance, music and art
- Ballet, tap, jazz, social dancing, Country & Western, International and more...
- Riding lessons at various locations
- Exercise and Fitness:
- Aerobics, weight training, yoga, step classes, tai chi, cycling, jazzercise, pilates and kickboxing
- Fine Arts and Crafts:
- Cartooning, studio arts, pottery, photography, picture framing, stained glass and other creative outlets
- Golf is a life-long sport for everyone - men and women, young and old. Besides the challenge and fun of a great game, benefits include improved coordination, concentration and control. Plus golf can be the means for getting that regular physical activity that is so important to optimal health and well-being. In golf classes you'll learn the golf swing, the short game, course etiquette and other fundamentals.
- Ice Skating:
- Classes for all ages, experience levels
- Martial Arts and Self-Defense:
- Karate, Jujitsu, Tae Kwon Do, Kung Fu, etc.
- Spend time outside in hands-on explorations of the natural habitats (forests, streams, and wetlands). Look for animals in the wild and learn about the ways of natural things, such as trees and flowers.
- Performing Arts:
- Drama, music
- Pet Place:
- Dog obedience and agility classes, pet CPR and other programs for pet and pet owners
- Sports and Leagues:
- Roller hockey, tennis, gymnastics, tumbling, basketball, volleyball, soccer, racquetball, inline skating, skateboarding, BMX, cheerleading and fencing
- Day Trips & Tours
- Day trips, historic and heritage tours, festivals, and events
- Bridge, babysitting, other miscellaneous topics
FCPA is committed to nondiscrimination in all programs, services, and activities. Special accommodations/alternative information formats will be provided upon request. Please call the information number 703-324-8563 at least 10 working days in advance of the registration deadline or event. TTY 703-803-3354.