Summer Operating Hours
Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day
(Note: While school is still open – closed Monday-Friday)
Now it’s really easy to have fun and beat the heat at Our Special Harbor sprayground in Franconia, Virginia.
Operated by the Fairfax County Park Authority, the sprayground is located in the Family Recreation Area at Lee District Park, at the intersection of Rose Hill and Telegraph Roads.
The zero-water-depth sprayground carries the theme of the Chesapeake Bay throughout the interactive water features and is fully-accessible for children of ALL abilities. Play in the water maze, watch out for the water-dumping crab basket, or board the custom skipjack and crab boat!
Aqua shoes MUST be worn by everyone who enters the spray pad. Limited shoes are available for purchase in a variety of sizes and can also be purchased at area department stores. For more information call 703-922-9841.
Admission is free; however there is a daily fee of $3 for each participant and chaperone for commercial or nonprofit groups (including day care centers, martial arts camps, YMCA, church groups, etc.). This fee does not apply to families. Space is limited for commercial/nonprofit groups; reservations can be by fax to 703-719-0987 or in-person through the Manager on Duty at Lee District RECenter prior to the visit.
Download Our Special Harbor Group Use Form.
Our Special Harbor Rules
- Food, drinks (with the exception of plastic water bottles), glass containers or breakable objects of any kind are not permitted. Bags and coolers are subject to inspection.
- Street shoes may not be worn past the gate. Water shoes must be worn when on the wet pad.
- Running, horseplay or other conduct that adversely affects guest safety and the comfort of guests is prohibited.
- Drinking or spitting of spray water is prohibited.
- Climbing on play features is prohibited.
- Access to facility will temporarily close when capacity (247) is reached.
- Children under the age of 10 must be directly supervised by a guardian 16 years or older at all times.
- No smoking within 50 feet of the facility.
- If you have had diarrhea in the past two weeks, please do not play in the spray water.
- Anyone not toilet trained and incontinent adults must wear swim suit diapers or snug plastic pants under their swim suits. Cloth and disposable diapers are prohibited.
- Diapers are to be changed in bathrooms.
- Persons with skin infections, open wounds, nasal or ear discharge, or any communicable disease are prohibited from playing in the water.
- All youth groups must have 1 chaperone for every 8 children. Chaperones must be 16 years or older.
- Groups of 15 people or more must make arrangements at least 24 hours prior to their visit date by calling the Lee District Park RECenter at 703-922-9841. Groups of 15 people or more who do not make advance arrangements may not be admitted to the facility.
- The actions and conduct of an organized group are the responsibility of the group leader. Misconduct of individuals may result in dismissal of the group.
- Skateboards, roller blades, in-line skates, bicycles, pets, water balloons, beach balls, Frisbees, pool noodles or piñatas are not allowed in the spray ground area.
- The facility will be closed and evacuated during inclement weather conditions at the direction of staff.
- Only authorized staff members are allowed in the filter rooms, chemical storage rooms, storage closets and office.
- Fairfax County Park Authority is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Please report injuries or suspicious persons or activities to the attendant immediately.
- Directions of the Spray Park staff must be obeyed at all times