Providence RECenter - Fitness
With a RECenter membership pass you have the opportunity to participate in a variety of land group exercise classes offered as part of the Drop-in Group Fitness program. From cycling to step, rowing to high-low aerobics, Drop-in Group Fitness offers the best of all worlds.
Registered Fitness Classes
Providence RECenter now offers BODYPUMP® and TRX® Suspension Training classes!
Push your workout into over-drive with Les Mills BODYPUMP-the original barbell class that strengthens your entire body. Challenge all of your major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls. Great music, awesome instructors and your choice of weight inspire you to get the results you came for and fast!
TRX® Suspension Training classes take your workout to the next level! Born in the U.S. Navy SEALS and developed by Fitness Anywhere®, Suspension Training® is a revolutionary method of leveraged bodyweight exercise. Portable and easily set up, the TRX® Suspension Trainer™ allows you to safely perform hundreds of exercises. Build power, strength, flexibility, balance, mobility, and prevent injuries, all at the intensity you choose.
BODYPUMP® and TRX® classes are held every session at Providence RECenter. Check out the most current ParkTakes or ParkTakes Online for the most up-to-date listing for all Fitness classes!
The Fitness Center at Providence RECenter is "the place to be" in Falls Church. We have created an atmosphere that encourages people of all fitness levels to continuously improve in all areas of fitness and wellness.
The Fitness Center is fully equipped with:
- Free weights
- Resistance Cybex equipment
- A variety of cardiovascular machines - treadmills, stair steppers, recumbent bikes, upright bikes
- Elliptical machines are also available
- Our state of the art FitLinxx computer system will help you monitor your progress and achieve your fitness goals. With a RECenter membership pass, your FitLinxx individualized workout program is free
- In addition to the equipment, a full time fitness instructor with a staff of personal trainers and volunteers is there to assist you with enthusiasm and dedication to help you get the most out of your workout time and to develop a program that meets your specific goals.
- The Fairfax County Park Authority opened its first Pilates Studio in January 2003 at Providence RECenter. Pilates is a method of body conditioning, a system of stretching and strengthening exercises developed over 90 years ago by German-born Joseph H. Pilates. These popular classes focus on reformer or equipment-based sessions with just five people per class, one-on-one personal training and time rental for personal unsupervised practice sessions.
In our mission to bring recreation and wellness to the community of Falls Church, we offer a variety of programs including body alignment, core strength, fitness assessment, weight control, incentive programs, programs for teens and seniors, and many more fun and active programs all year long.
It is also our commitment to reach the youth in our community. We offer a Weight Training for Teens class that teaches patrons from 12 to 15 years of age how to use equipment properly and safely. This class focuses on weight room etiquette as well as proper weight training techniques. Upon completion of the class and passing a weight training test, teens will have the opportunity to workout without the direct supervision of an adult.
Providence RECenter also offers Weight Training for Seniors classes every session in an effort to educate the senior population on how to use the weight-plated resistance and cardiovascular equipment. With a low instructor to participant ratio, seniors are able to gain useful information about the importance of weight-bearing exercises and how to properly execute each exercise, without feeling overwhelmed.
Our fitness center is open, Monday - Friday, 5 a.m. - 9 p.m., Saturday 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Sunday, 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. Teens, 12-15 years old, may use the fitness center and equipment when accompanied by an adult. After completion of a teen weight training class, no supervision is required.