Park Authority Camps
The largest summer camp provider in Northern Virginia – choose from more than 1,000 weeks of camp!
Variety camps provide kids with a wide range of activities to keep
the day action-packed and fun. Most variety camps include weekly
themes to enhance the session.
Action packed weeks of sports and games! A great overview of various
sports and fundamental skills. Teamwork and good sportsmanship are
stressed. Specific sport activities will vary, depending on the
facilities available at each site. Each session includes some
Two camps in one!! Do you have a favorite sport or want to learn a
new one? Maybe two sports really interest you. Dual Sports Camps are
action packed days in which participants focus on two sports during
the camp session. Pick the combination you prefer and you're sure to
Single-Focus Sports Camps
What's your favorite sport? The Park Authority offers a variety of
sports camps which focus on individual and team instruction and
fundamental skill development.
AND EXCURSION CAMPS
Action packed Adventure Camps provide challenge and excitement with
different activities every day! Excursion Camps provide a new
adventure every day for kids who enjoy traveling and outdoor
Want to try a unique camp experience? Try our Aquatic and Boating
Camps for some fun in the sun.
Bring out the artist in you! Explore a variety of art mediums such
as photography, painting, drawing, pottery, fabric art, bead work and
more. Emphasis is on creativity, fun, games and the love of art.
Enhance your summer with these hands-on, innovative experiences for children of all ages. These camps offer hands-on, innovative
experiences for children of all ages.
Love horses? Our equestrian camps provide a unique experience at local farms.
Come take a walk on the wild side. Nature-based camps provide
educational fun and exploration for children of all ages.
Drama Camp: All the world's a stage this summer for young theater
enthusiasts. Dramatic games, pantomime, improvisations, character
creation and set designs are planned for this creative program
series. Check out this and other exciting performing arts camps:
Mix up your summer by checking out our new science camps that foster exploration and build critical thinking skills.
Want to try a unique camp experience? Try our Specialty Camps which
offer something you can't find anywhere else.
REFUNDS/TRANSFERS FOR CAMPS and WORKSHOPS*
- Cancelations and transfers may NOT be done on the Internet. For operator assistance, call 703- 222-4664.
- If school make-up days extend into the camp week, FCPA will automatically credit your member account for camp days missed.
- There are no refunds for missed days due to changed work or vacation schedules, sick days, or other non-emergency reasons.
Up to Two Weeks Prior to Camp
- Refunds and transfers must be requested at least 14 days prior to the camp session for which the refund/transfer is being requested.
- All but $25 will be returned for approved refunds for each camp session refunded.
Within Two Weeks of Camp Start Date
- Refunds are not permitted for those who register within 14 days prior to the start of a camp session.
- Transfers cannot be done within the 14-day period before the start of camp.
- Within 14 days of the start of camp, refunds will only be given for medical emergencies with doctor’s written verification as long as the verification is received BEFORE the camp begins.
Once Camp Begins
- If a medical emergency occurs during camp, a doctor’s written verification will be needed within 24 hours for a pro-rated refund. Requests received after the camp session ends will not be granted.
Other Important Information
- Some camps are licensed by the Va. Dept of Social Services, therefore require additional paperwork including an immunization record and physical form (copies accepted). In addition, Virginia law requires proof of child’s identity be shown upon arrival at some camps. Proof of identity may be a certified copy of a child’s birth certificate, a birth registration card, a passport, a copy of placement agreement, or a Virginia public school report card. School-based camps do not require licensure.
- Out of county residents are welcome to enroll in camps for the price of the camp plus $15.
- Some weeks are designed for private school students who get out of school before Fairfax County students.
- Please check dates as some camp options are one week and some are two weeks.
- Inclement Weather and Code Red Days: On code red days, campers will engage in outdoor activities during the day while taking in plenty of water and several shaded breaks. Many of our camps are held outdoors. Please check with the site for more information. On rainy days or when substantial rain is expected, some outdoor camps may be canceled for the day.
- Pool Closures: Some RECenter pools may be closed in late August for maintenance and
- Host a British Soccer Coach and get a free soccer camp or an $80 voucher! Call (703)324-8571 or visit http://go.usa.gov/5aO for more info
- School locations are subject to change and campers at RECenter campers may be bused to nearby schools for gym use
- Register early! Camps must meet minimum enrollment to operate.
Our staff: All our staff members are at least 18 years of age
or older. Most are college students or teachers. All staff members are
certified in first aid and CPR and have been through background checks,
including police checks. All staff members attend an intensive training
course before camp begins.
Staff to Camper Ratios: For school-age children, our camps
maintain between 1:10 and 1:15 ratio. The state standards are 1:18 so
FCPA provides more individualized attention with lower ratios.
Preschool camps maintain a 1:10 ratio.
Check the Camp Frequently Asked
Helpful Hints for Parents Sending Children to FCPA Camps:
- Make multiple copies of the camp forms once you complete them. You will need to turn in forms at each location for each session and you may want a copy for your own records.
- Be sure to put your name on the Pick-Up Authorization Form as an authorized individual even though you are the one completing the form.
- Label ALL of your child’s belongings, including child’s lunch which must have child’s name and the date on it.
- Keep electronics at home.
- Dress your child in play clothes and sneakers every day. Not permitted: sandals, wheelie shoes, flip flops, clogs and other shoes that may be unsafe for activity.
- For your child’s safety, do not drop off your child at the front door. Parents must sign children in and out of camp each day. An I.D. is required at pick up.