South Run RECenter – Fitness
South Run – Fitness
South Run RECenter's expansive fitness center is great for working out.
The contemporary two-story space boasts floor-to-ceiling windows that let the sunshine in and offer sweeping views of nature. The bright and airy setting along with new programs spark smiles on fitness enthusiasts. The expanded center's crowd pleasers include:
- A Pilates and yoga studio with Pilates reformer equipment
- State-of-the-art entertainment system with individual screens on 20 pieces of cardio equipment plus five big screens
- Spin bikes
- Human Sport cable equipment for weight training
- A large dumbbell and free weight area
- Bio-step seated ellipticals that are user-friendly for those with disabilities
- Roomy stretching area
- Personal Training Program
Class offerings include: Spin, Power Pump, Pilates Reformer, Dance Dance Revolution and gymnastics. "Our patrons love it!" reported South Run's Fitness Director, Laurie Strickland. "We've gone from 1,100 square feet to 7,000 square feet with state-of-the-art equipment, great vistas and incredible light. They keep telling us how lucky they feel, and we're seeing an increase in fitness participation and success."
Group Exercise Calendar
With a RECenter membership pass or paid daily admission you have the opportunity to participate in a variety of land group exercise classes offered. From cycling to step, basic training boot camp and core the Group Exercise calendar offers the best of all worlds
Our fitness center is open, Monday - Friday, 5 am - 9 pm, Saturday, 6 am - 8 pm and Sunday, 7:30 am - 8 pm. Teens 12-15 years old may use the fitness center and equipment when directly supervised by an adult or if they passed the teen weight training class or did personal training in lieu of the class.