Fairfax County Park Authority - Trips and Tours
The Fairfax County Park Authority offers trips and tours that vary from season to season year-round...
Shopping, sporting events, festivals, day cruises, museums, beaches,
New York City, railroad, historic, day cruises and winery type day
tours are just some of the many trips offered.
-- Longwood Gardens bursts with a wide array of colors and aromas from delicate flora
-- Spend a hot summer day cruising to Tangier Island or soaking up the sun on the beach in Ocean City
-- The fall is a colorful time of year to travel to the Shenandoah Valley and see the magnificent foliage
-- Winter brings the flowers of the Philadelphia Flower Show to life
You must have a membership number to use Parktakes Online. If you receive the Parktakes magazine by mail, this number is in the upper left corner of your Parktakes mailing label located on the back cover of the magazine. If you don't have a number, call our operators at 703-222-4664, weekdays from 9am until 4pm, or submit an online request.
- Talk to a live operator by phone: 703-222-4664. Operators are standing by weekdays from 9am until 4pm, and extended morning and evening hours during the first week of registration.
- Internet: You can register for tours via the internet by using our Parktakes Online. Not a member yet? Sign up today! or call 703-222-4664.
- Fax: 703-631-2004. Faxed registrations received prior to the first day of registration will be held until that date.
- Mail: Mail registrations with check, VISA or MasterCard payment to FCPA/Parktakes, P.O. Box 4606, Fairfax, VA 22038. Mailed registrations received prior to the first day of registration will be held until that date.
- Walk-in: Bring your registration in person to any FCPA RECenter or to the FCPA main office in the Herrity Building (9am-4pm, Monday - Friday) at 12055 Government Center parkway, Suite 425, Fairfax, VA, just minutes from Fair Oaks Mall and across the street from the Fairfax Government Center.
You will receive a confirmation card if you register by fax or mail. Allow at least one week for delivery.
Call Park Services Classes, Camps and Tours for questions about our trips and tours offerings, requests for special accommodations, assistance with planning your trip for your company or group, or departure/return locations. Phone: 703-222-4664, Monday - Friday from 8:30am until 4:00pm
|Burke Lake Park||7315 Ox Rd. Fairfax Station|
|E.C. Lawrence Park/ Walney Visitor Center||5040 Walney Rd., Chantilly|
|Fair Oaks Mall||(Lot #1 across from the Marriott Hotel in the Macy’s lot.), Rts. 66 and 50, Fairfax|
|Fairfax County Government Center||Commuter Lot, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax|
|Green Spring Gardens||4603 Green Spring Rd., Alexandria|
|Lee District RECenter||6601 Telegraph Rd., Franconia (Park in lower parking lot by gym.)|
|Mason Government Center||(Park along the fence.) 6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale|
|Oak Marr RECenter||3200 Jermantown Rd., Oakton|
|Packard Center||Annandale District Park, 4022 Hummer Rd., Annandale|
|Riverbend Park||8700 Potomac Hills St., Great Falls|
|Vienna Metro Station||North Side, 9550 Saintsbury Dr., Fairfax|
Please note that customers park at their own risk. For your convenience and safety we recommend that you:
- Do not leave valuables in your vehicle.
- Please be courteous to the nearby business and government establishments by parking away from prime parking spots for daytime customers (see parking instructions for each site in the table below).
- Remain inside your vehicle until the bus arrives and your trip escort signals that the bus is ready for boarding.
- If you are being dropped off or picked up at a location, remember that return times may vary based on traffic and other reasons.
- Remember to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. The bus must leave on time to follow the itinerary.