Fairfax County Park Authority - Trips and Tours
The Fairfax County Park Authority offers trips and tours that vary from season to season year-round...
Shopping, sporting events, festivals, day cruises, museums, beaches,
New York City, railroad, historic, day cruises and winery type day
tours are just some of the many trips offered.
-- Longwood Gardens bursts with a wide array of colors and aromas from delicate flora
-- Spend a hot summer day cruising to Tangier Island or soaking up the sun on the beach in Ocean City
-- The fall is a colorful time of year to travel to the Shenandoah Valley and see the magnificent foliage
-- Winter brings the flowers of the Philadelphia Flower Show to life
You must have a membership number to use Parktakes Online. If you receive the Parktakes magazine by mail, this number is in the upper left corner of your Parktakes mailing label located on the back cover of the magazine. If you don't have a number, call our operators at 703-222-4664, weekdays from 9am until 4pm, or submit an online request.
- Talk to a live operator by phone: 703-222-4664. Operators are standing by weekdays from 9am until 4pm, and extended morning and evening hours during the first week of registration.
- Internet: You can register for tours via the internet by using our Parktakes Online. Not a member yet? Sign up today! or call 703-222-4664.
- Fax: 703-631-2004. Faxed registrations received prior to the first day of registration will be held until that date.
- Mail: Mail registrations with check, VISA or MasterCard payment to FCPA/Parktakes, P.O. Box 4606, Fairfax, VA 22038. Mailed registrations received prior to the first day of registration will be held until that date.
- Walk-in: Bring your registration in person to any FCPA RECenter or to the FCPA main office in the Herrity Building (9am-4pm, Monday - Friday) at 12055 Government Center parkway, Suite 425, Fairfax, VA, just minutes from Fair Oaks Mall and across the street from the Fairfax Government Center.
You will receive a confirmation card if you register by fax or mail. Allow at least one week for delivery.
Call Park Services Classes, Camps and Tours for questions about our trips and tours offerings, requests for special accommodations, assistance with planning your trip for your company or group, or departure/return locations. Phone: 703-222-4664, Monday - Friday from 8:30am until 4:00pm
4603 Green Spring Rd.
Directions: Beltway Exit 52B east 3.2 miles to left at Braddock Rd. to entrance on right on Witch Hazel Rd.
Parking: Park in the back of the parking lot.
Sign Post #1
Directions: Eastbound on Rt. 50 second entrance into the mall make a right and then turn right into the parking lot. Westbound on Rt. 50 take the overpass for Rt. 50. Bear left at the split. Turn left at the stop sign. Follow the circle around to the Marriot. On the right, in the parking lot of Macy's is a sign post with the #1 on it.
Parking: Any where within sign post #1 (formerly Hecht's parking lot currently Macy's)
6507 Columbia Pike
Directions: From 495 to 236 Little River Turnpike EAST. Take a LEFT on John Marr Dr then a RIGHT on Columbia Pike. It will be on the right just past the elementary school.
Parking: Park in the back row, along the wooden fence.
Falls Church High
7521 Jaguar Trail
Directions: From Beltway South Exit 50-A-B towards Arlington. Merge on to Route 50. First Light make right on to Jaguar Trail. School is on your right.
Parking: Park by tennis courts.
7001 Little River Turnpike
Directions: Beltway Exit 52B to Annandale, on Little River Trnpk, Route 236. The library is approx. 7 traffic lights from the beltway on the right. After passing Popeye's Fried Chicken, look for the library on the right at the corner of Hillbrook and Route 236.
Parking: Park along tree line.
8426 Old Mount Vernon Rd.
Directions: Beltway Exit 177A (Richmond Highway, Rt. 1) south to left on Rt. 235 (Mount Vernon Highway). At fork in road, bear right on Rt. 623 (Old Mount Vernon Road) to the RECenter on right.
Parking: Park in lot away from building.
12000 Government Center Parkway
Directions: From I-66 West Exit 55B, onto Fairfax County Parkway North (Route 7100). Right turn onto Fair Lakes Parkway East. Right turn at light onto Monument Dr. Right turn at light onto Government Center Pkwy. Government Center on your left.
Parking: Park in Commuter lot marked with a blue sign.
6601 Telegraph RD
Directions: Beltway Exit 176A (Telegraph Rd.) to right on Telegraph Rd. (south) 2.5 miles to entrance on left.
Parking: Park in the lower parking lot by the gymnasium.
Please note that customers park at their own risk. For your convenience and safety we recommend that you:
- Do not leave valuables in your vehicle.
- Please be courteous to the nearby business and government establishments by parking away from prime parking spots for daytime customers (see parking instructions for each site in the table below).
- Remain inside your vehicle until the bus arrives and your trip escort signals that the bus is ready for boarding.
- If you are being dropped off or picked up at a location, remember that return times may vary based on traffic and other reasons.
- Remember to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. The bus must leave on time to follow the itinerary.