- An approved rental permit must be available during the event. Permits are issued upon completion, payment and approval of a rental contract.
- An approved rental permit reserves only that portion of the park indicated on the "Specific Area Requested" section of the permit.
- Non-reserved facilities are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. The non-reserved areas of the park remain open for use by the general public.
- The reserved facility is subject to inspection at any time by authorized Park Authority representative to assure compliance with applicable Park Authority Regulations and Rules.
- Amplified sound systems and DJs are prohibited without written permission of the Park Authority.
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
- All trash must be bagged and removed from the park or bagged and placed in trash receptacles.
- The removal of tables and grills from rental areas is prohibited.
- Site must be vacated by time specified on permit but not later than dusk unless otherwise stated on the permit.
- All decorations and signage must receive prior approval by the site or area manager.
- The use of tape, glue, nails, tacks, screws, staples, or other fasteners that may scratch or otherwise damage surfaces of picnic shelters are prohibited. Paint, tacks, screws, nails, or other fasteners are not allowed on trees. Paint and chalk marks are not allowed on sidewalks or other surfaces.
- Patrons should leave rental areas in clean and orderly condition. Failure to comply may result in the permit holder being billed for any additional cost for repairs or replacement of damaged items or cleanup required.
Rental cancellation and rental change fees:
- A cancellation request received within 10 to 29 working days of the rental date shall be granted a refund of the rental fee, less a cancellation fee. A reservation that is cancelled with less than 10 working days notice will not receive a refund.
- A change fee will be charged for requests that result in changes to the location or date of the rental if the change request is received less than 30 working days prior to the rental date. There is no charge for changes made more than 30 working days in advance of the rental date.
- Picnic shelter reservations are not refundable due to inclement weather.
- Picnic Area (not shelters) cancellations due to inclement weather will be considered on a case by case basis. To request a weather-related cancellation call the picnic line the day of the event and leave a message (see permit for phone number).
- (Burke Lake Park Only) An entrance fee will be charged for each "non-county" car that enters Burke Lake Park on weekends from the beginning of April through the end of October.
- The size of the rental group may not exceed the maximum capacity for the rental area(s) as stated on the rental permit. If the capacity is exceeded, the group may face immediate revocation of the permit, forfeiture of fees paid for the permit and/or additional fees for other rental areas that are affected.
The following activities require the express written approval of the
- Operation of special amusements such as carnival rides, pony rides, dunk tanks, etc.
- Conducting camps, fairs, exhibitions, rallies, races, walks, athletic league games or practices, and other organized events.
- Construction of tents, canopies, inflatable amusements, or other temporary structures
- Sale of food, beverages, other goods or services.
- Charging of fees for any activities or services.
- Vehicles must park in designated paved and gravel parking areas only, and are prohibited from parking on the grass.
- Permits will only be issued to an adult who will be responsible for the supervision of the entire event, damage to park property, and injuries to any party which are the direct result of inadequate supervision or carelessness.
- Violation of any rule or condition of the permit is cause for immediate revocation of the permit, loss of permit privileges, and forfeitures of any fees paid for the permit.
- If there is someone occupying your rental space, present the contract to them and ask them to vacate. If you need further assistance at staffed sites, please contact the site staff. At sites that do not have staff, please contact the Fairfax County Police Non-Emergency Number: 703-691-2131.