Park Use Permits
What would you like to do?
Apply for a Business Activity License
Fees: $50 or 15% of gross revenue, whichever is
greater. The $50, non-refundable minimum deposit must be
submitted at the time of application.
You must apply for a Business Activity License if you would like to hold any activity that uses Park Authority Property for the purpose of generating revenue, including but not limited to: selling items, collecting fees for an event, requesting/soliciting donations, holding classes or camps
- A business activity fee of 15% of the gross revenue or $50, whichever is greater will be charged. The fee is due one month after your event, or monthly for ongoing use.
- A financial statement with the balance due will be provided with your permit and must be completed and returned to the Park Authority one month after your event (or monthly for long-term usage).
- The group is responsible for indicating its gross revenue on the financial statement and determining the payment due. (Facility rental fees required for your event are subtracted from the gross revenue, and the $50 deposit is deducted from the final payment amount.)
- If the financial statement is not returned by the due date, whether or not any additional fees are due, an additional late fee of $50 or 10% of the amount due will be charged to the group.
- A current Certificate of General Liability insurance coverage listing the ‘Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, Fairfax County Park Authority and its officers, employees, and volunteers’ as "additional insured" on the policy may be required.
- All vendors are responsible for collecting and paying applicable state sales tax.
- All food vendors are responsible for contacting the Fairfax County Health Department (703-246-2444) to arrange for permits and inspections.
Reserve an Athletic Field
Fees: $40/hour for grass field, $90/hour for synthetic
field, additional $25/hour if lights are needed.
Athletic fields may be reserved only for the sport for which they were designed.
An hourly rental fee is required in order to receive a permit.
Athletic fields can be requested using this application for rental times Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (except holidays) and for any for-profit use. For use outside of these times for non-profit groups, please call 703-324-5533 or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs.
Reserve an Athletic Field for a Camp or Clinic
Fees: $40/hour for grass field, $90/hour for
synthetic field, additional $25/hour if lights are needed.
SPORTS CAMP/CLINIC FIELD USE APPLICATION
A current Certificate of General Liability insurance coverage listing the ‘Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, Fairfax County Park Authority and its officers, employees, and volunteers’ as "additional insured" on the policy will be required.
Reserve a Tennis Court
Fees: $9 per court/hour
List of Fairfax County Tennis Courts
An hourly court rental fee is required in order to receive a permit.
Permits will be issued for long-term use or tournaments only (minimum of 3 hours rented per application).
For daily reservations, tennis courts may be reserved for singles, doubles or groups for a nominal fee at the following locations only:
Jefferson District Park: 703-573-0443
Wakefield Park: 703-321-7081
Apply for a Special Use Permit
Fees: $25 per application. One application and
fee due per park, regardless of the number of features requested from
the list below. A Special Use Permit is required if:
- You are requesting features such as a moon bounce, dunk tank, carnival rides, or pony rides, etc. at an event on Park Authority property, regardless of the size of the group.
- You want to have a "public gathering", such as a demonstration, picketing, speech making, vigils, parades, ceremonies, meetings, rallies, entertainment, games, shows, concerts, and all other forms of public assembly.
- You would like to sponsor or arrange a public gathering of more than 75 persons upon property, or 25 persons upon trails.
- You are planning to conduct any Organized Activity in a Natural Area on property owned or operated by the Fairfax County Park Authority, regardless of group size.
Application fee of $25 must be paid at the time the application is submitted.
The Park Authority offers several locations where picnic areas, shelters, or amphitheaters can be reserved. For more information about scheduling one of these locations, visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/picnics. If the park you wish to use for your picnic is NOT at one of our "reservable" sites, you must obtain a Park Use Permit or use the space on a first come, first served basis.