Board of Supervisors Meeting Podcast Transcript: May 13, 2014
Welcome to the podcast of meeting highlights for the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday, May 13 2014.
Electoral Board’s response (PDF) to the Bipartisan
Election Process Improvement Commission’s recommendations
Authorized a June 3 public hearing on the
master development agreement for Laurel Hill.
Authorized the Police Department to apply for and accept a $130,990
U.S. Department of Justice grant for equipment to locate and document
microscopic fingerprints and trace evidence.
Authorized a June 17 joint public hearing on VDOT’s annual Six-Year
Program for Fiscal Years 2015 through 2020.
Authorized a public hearing to reduce the employee contribution rate
for the Police Officers Retirement System from 10 to 8.65
Authorized the sale of up to $241 million in Economic Development
Authority revenue bonds for the Public Safety Headquarters, Workhouse
Arts Center and School Board Central Administration Building.
Held public hearings on and passed the following:
- Amending the Capital One’s conceptual development plan in Tysons.
Converting the Vulcan Quarry to a future water supply storage
Held a public hearing on and deferred until June, 17 2014 the
Permitting Furnace Associates to extend landfill operations and
allow a solar panel farm or other electrical generation, along with
geothermal and electrical energy storage. Eight-four members of
community commented at the public hearing.
- Permitting Furnace Associates to extend landfill operations and allow a solar panel farm or other electrical generation, along with geothermal and electrical energy storage. Eight-four members of community commented at the public hearing.
presentations to community groups and individuals.
The Board recognized:
- Longfellow Middle School Science Bowl Team for its academic achievement.
- Leo Schefer for his years of service as the president of the Washington Airports Task Force.
- Messiah United Methodist Church for its 50th anniversary.
- Penderbrook Community Association as 2013 Community Association of the Year.
- Reston Master Plan Special Study Task Forcefor its work.
- McLean Volunteer Fire Departmentfor its addition to the Inventory of Historic Sites.
The Board designated:
- May 18-24 as Emergency Medical Services Week .
- May as Older AmericansMonth.
- May 18-24 as Public Works Week.
- The Board recognized:
That’s all for this podcast of meeting highlights for the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, thanks for listening. For more information about the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, including full meeting minutes and documents, visit the county Web site: www.fairfaxcounty.gov .This podcast is produced by the Fairfax County, VA, government.