Board of Supervisors Meeting Podcast Transcript: June 6, 2017
Welcome to the podcast of meeting highlights for the Fairfax County
Board of Supervisors meeting on June 6, 2017.
Authorized the advertisement of public hearings:
- To consider amendments to the Fairfax County Code regarding financial disclosures.
- To amend articles in the Fairfax County Code related to the Employees’ and Uniformed Retirement Systems to change the level of service-connected disability benefits.
- To consider adjustments related to election precincts and polling places.
- Authorized advertising proposed amendments to the Fairfax County Code regarding reorganization of the Department of Public Works and Environmental Services to create the Department of Land Development Services and assign administration of chapters of the County Code to the director of the new department and administration of Chapter 119 to the director of the Department of Code Compliance.
- Approved an amended agreement between the town of Vienna and Fairfax County to design and construct a stream restoration project on Wolf Trap Creek.
- Authorized the Department of Tax Administration to expand its billing and collections to include delinquent local vehicle registration fees for the towns of Herndon and Clifton.
- Approved a resolution to authorize and request the sale of EDA facilities revenue bonds for the Lewinsville project and EDA facilities revenue refunding bonds for the Merrifield Human Services Center refinancing.
- Endorsed the Virginia Department of Transportation’s design plans for widening 6.9 miles of Route 7 from four to six lanes between Reston Avenue and Jarrett Valley Drive.
Held public hearings and approved:
- The sale of sewer revenue bonds.
- Rezoning and permitting for Scimores Academy, a private school of special education in Herndon.
The Board made presentations to community groups and individuals.
The Board recognized:
- Lord and Lady Fairfax honorees.
- Annandale Boys and Girls Club Xtreme 98 Girls Soccer team 2016-2017 Virginia Youth Soccer Association State Champion.
- Chantilly High School journalism students for receiving a First Amendment Press Freedom Award from the Journalism Education Association.
- James Madison High School Girls Swim and Dive for winning the Virginia High School League 6A State Championship.
- James Madison High School Boys Cross Country team for winning the Virginia High School League 6A State Championship.
The Board designated:
- June 18-24 as Safety Stand Down Week in Fairfax County.
- June as LGBTQ+ Pride Month in Fairfax County.
- June as Fatherhood Awareness Month in Fairfax County.
- 2017 as the 275th anniversary of Fairfax County Government.
That’s all for this podcast of meeting highlights for the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, thanks for listening. For more information about the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, including full meeting minutes and documents, visit the county Web site: www.fairfaxcounty.gov .This podcast is produced by the Fairfax County, VA, government.