Board of Supervisors Meeting Podcast Transcript: May 16, 2017
Welcome to the podcast of meeting highlights for the Fairfax County
Board of Supervisors meeting on May 16, 2017.
- Authorized the advertisement of a public hearing to lease county-owned property to Southwestern Bell Mobile Services.
- Authorized the advertisement of a public hearing on a proposed zoning ordinance amendment that would encourage, but not require, the concurrent filing of a Final Development Plan with the Conceptual Development Plan for a rezoning to the Planned Residential Mixed Use District.
- Authorized the advertisement of a public hearing on a proposed zoning ordinance amendment that would allow Fairfax County to require Zoning Administrative approval of a zoning permit for the installation of a small cell facility by a wireless services provider on an existing structure and to charge reasonable fees for processing such permits.
- Authorized the advertisement of a public hearing on a proposed zoning ordinance amendment that would allow Fairfax County to charge a fee for processing the review of public facilities, such as monopoles, towers and antennas.
- Endorsed a recommended list of potential improvements for consideration for the Transform I-66 Outside the Beltway project.
- Held a public hearing on and approved a permit for a building in Chantilly to increase its height from 75 feet up to a maximum of 120 feet.
Made presentations to community groups and individuals.
The Board recognized:
- Melanie Pincus of McLean High School for being named the Virginia Journalist of the Year.
- McLean High School gymnastics team for winning the Virginia High School League 6A state championship.
- Danielle Suh of Westfield High School for winning the Virginia High School League Girls Golf Individual Open championship.
- Westfield High School football team for winning the Virginia High School League 6A state championship.
Aaron Howell and Thomas Mukai from Robinson Secondary School;
Tyler Matheny from Lake Braddock Secondary School; and Brendan
Grammes from McLean High School for winning state championships in
The Board designated:
- May as Older Americans and Adult Abuse Prevention Month.
- June 19-25 as Fairfax County Sheriff’s Office Week.
- May as Lyme Disease Awareness Month.
- June as Fight the Bite Awareness Month.
- May 21-27 as Public Works Week
That’s all for this podcast of meeting highlights for the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, thanks for listening. For more information about the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, including full meeting minutes and documents, visit the county Web site: www.fairfaxcounty.gov .This podcast is produced by the Fairfax County, VA, government.