NATIONAL NIGHT OUT
National Night Out
August 7, 2012
America’s Night Out Against Crime
Join your friends and neighbors on and send a loud, clear message to criminals: Don’t mess with us!
- Annual neighborhood-based crime and drug prevention event
- Opportunity to show neighborhood spirit and strengthen partnerships with local police
- Demonstrates neighborhood commitment to fight crime
- Observed in thousands of communities in all 50 states, U.S. territories, Canadian cities and military bases around the world
- Between 5 p.m. and 10 p.m. neighbors, friends and families lock their doors, turn on outside lights and spend the evening outside together.
- Special events, anticrime rallies, activities for children.
- Police officers visit with as many neighborhood gatherings as possible.
- View a flyer for the event. Click here
- Get out there and enjoy!
- Offer to help support your neighborhood block party, cookout or other planned event
- Volunteer to organize an event or gathering if none is planned in your neighborhood
- Print and fill out a registration form for your community event. Click here
Call or e-mail a crime prevention officer at your district police station for more information about registering a National Night Out 2012 event in your neighborhood.
- Sully District Station: Brett Katinski, 703-814-7018
- Mount Vernon District Station: Greg Kottemann, 703-360-8400
- McLean District Station: Patrick Lucas, 703-556-7750
- Mason District Station: Brendan Murphy, 703-256-8035
- Reston District Station: Katy DeFoe, 703-478-0799
- Franconia District Station: Jim Reid, 703-922-0889
- West Springfield District Station: J.T. Frey, 703-644-7377
- Fair Oaks District Station: Richard Twombly, 703-352-2163