Citizen Reporting System (CRS)
For an emergency or crime in progress, DIAL 911 NOW. Do NOT use this form.
*CRS operates Monday through Friday, from 6 a.m. until 10 p.m.,
excluding county holidays.
Using this Citizen Reporting System allows you to report a crime 24/7 within Fairfax County; however, not every crime can be reported. Please read the information below to determine if using this system is appropriate for your purpose. An officer will reply within 72 hours.
Important Tips for Filing a Report:
1. Filing a false police report is a CRIME. (Please read legal disclaimer.)
2. You must be at least 18 years of age.
3. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
4. Upon completion of your report process you will be given a temporary report number, and will be able to print a copy of the temporary report for your records.
5. All cases filed using the Citizen Reporting System will be reviewed.
6. Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
If you have any further questions, please look at our Citizen Reporting System Frequently Asked Questions.
Report the following types of crimes:
- Bicycle Theft
- Civil Dispute
- Destruction of Private Property/Vandalism
- Larceny/Theft from Motor Vehicle or Parts
- Larceny/Theft Under $5,000
- Lost Property
- Suspicious Person/Vehicle/Vehicle
- Solicitor Violations
- Telephone Harassment/Threats
- Unoccupied Hit and Run Accidents
You cannot report these crimes:
- Aggressive driving
- Breaking and entering your home or business, completed or attempted
- Check, Credit card cases, stolen values over $5,000
- Financial Crimes
- Hate/Bias crime
- Incidents occurring within past 30 minutes
- Larceny by force
- Larceny over $5,000
- Larceny with a stolen driver’s license, passport or social security card.
- Sex crimes, completed or attempted
- Lost or Stolen license plate (s)
- Stolen prescription drugs/narcotics
- Stolen vehicles, completed or attempted
- Theft or loss of a firearm
- Violent crimes, completed or attempted
If you are the victim of one of the incidents mentioned above please call our non-emergency number at 703-691-2131 so an officer can be dispatched to take the report.