The property section takes in and maintains custody of property that has been found or recovered following a loss or theft. Here’s what you need to know if your property has been lost or stolen.
What do I need to do to
claim my property?
How can I contact the property section?
Where is the property section located?
Can I look through property to try to find mine?
How long is my property held?
What happens to unclaimed property?
- Present a valid photo ID
Must file police report on the theft or loss
- Call police non-emergency number: 703-691-2131
- OR file a police report online
- Call 703-246-2786
- 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
10600 Page Avenue
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
- Call the property section at 703-246-2786
- Schedule an appointment to view recovered property
- Held for 60 days
- If unclaimed after 60 days, the finder may claim it