Violent crime shatters lives, families and futures. The Victim Services Section offers immediate and direct support and assistance to crime victims, their families and witnesses suffering emotionally, financially and physically.
All victims have the right to be treated with dignity and respect. You have the right to be present, informed and heard.
- Who is eligible for services?
- How do I get help?
- What if a victim has limited or no english language skills?
- Do victims of crime have any rights to services?
- Crisis Intervention
- 24-Hour Victim Assistance
- Counseling Referrals
- Telephone Outreach
- Support Groups
- Court Advocacy and Escort
- Witness Preparation
- Victim Impact Statements
- Crime Victim Compensation
- Educational Programs for Schools and Community Groups
- 24-Hour Safe Haven for Victims of Domestic Violence
- Residents of Fairfax County, Fairfax City, Herndon and Vienna
- Family and friends of homicide and manslaughter victims
- Adult sexual assault
- Child sexual and physical abuse
- Elder abuse
- Aggravated assault
- Malicious wounding
- Domestic violence
- Bias crimes
- Financial crimes and fraud.
Call 703-246-2141, 24 hours a day.
- VSS has a multi-lingual staff
- Interpreters are called in when needed
Yes, and the Victim Services Section will go over them with you. You will get information and assistance on:
- Protection and how to obtain it
- Information about the criminal justice process
- Financial assistance
- Restitution and property retrieval
- Assistance with employee intercession
- Interpreter Services
- Assistance with victim impact statements
- Notification of court dates, defendant status and appeals
VSS is a participating member of TRIAD, a national cooperative program which brings together the strength of senior citizens working with law enforcement and the community to reduce crime and ensure the availability of resources and services to the elderly.