Mopeds and Scooters
Moped, Scooter & Motor Bike Information
Getting around on two wheels can be fun, economical and friendly to the environment. Make sure you take precautions to safely operate your moped, scooter or motor bike.
Get a copy of the “FCPD Guide to Motorcycles, Mopeds, Scooters & Motorbikes” brochure to learn about the definitions and codes surrounding these modes of transportation.
Rider Safety Tips
- Wear bright or reflective clothing
- Wear a helmet approved by the U.S. Department of Transportation
- Obey posted speed limits
- Never travel faster than your skill level allows
- Signal well before changing lanes
- Keep both hands on the handlebars and both feet on the floorboards
- Use extra caution at intersections, parking lot entrances and exits, and driveways
- Reduce your speed when riding over bumpy roads
- Check your blind spots frequently: mirrors only allow partial rear views
- Be conscious of traffic in front, next to and behind you