Fairfax County Request for Proposals for HOME CHDO Affordable Housing Projects FY 2014
The Fairfax County Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) announces the availability of funds under the federal Home Investment Partnerships (HOME) Program. Project proposals are being solicited to construct, acquire, or rehabilitate affordable housing. Preference will be given to projects meeting one or more of the following criteria:
- Include preservation and acquisition of affordable housing; and/or
- Result in affordable housing that is accessible to disabled persons; and/or
- Serve extremely low income households (at or below 30% Area Median Income (AMI))
- Incorporate Fairfax County’s Consolidated Plan and Housing Blueprint objectives
- Support Fairfax County’s Housing First initiative which provides people who are homeless permanent housing first, along with supportive services, instead of placing them into shelters
- Provide beneficiaries with direct access to public transportation and/or community retail centers and/or supportive services; and/or
- Projects that can be completed by the applicant within a 12 month timeframe upon receipt award funds.
Up to $650,000 in HOME Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) set-aside funds is available under this Request for Proposals, subject to the final HOME grant amount as approved by Congress and distributed by HUD. The application is available online at the following links: Request for Proposals HOME CHDO Affordable Housing Projects FY 2014 and the FY 2014 HOME RFP Evaluation Criteria and Application.