Metro SafeTrack - Resources for Your Commute
NOTIFICATIONS & ALERTS
**SafeTrack Surge #12 TRAVEL OPTIONS (Feb. 11-28, 2017)
**SafeTrack Surge #13 TRAVEL OPTIONS (March 4-April 9, 2017)
- Subscribe to MetroAlerts and sign-up for Fairfax County Commuter Alerts
- Ridesharing assistance: 703-877-5600, TTY 711.
- Bus connections: 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608.
Plan Ahead and Know Your Commuting Options
SafeTrack is a yearlong plan to improve safety and reliability on the Metrorail system. ALL commuters should expect heavy delays and crowding at Metro stations, and on all major commuting corridors in Northern Virginia including I-66, I-495, Dulles Toll Road, and I-95. All commuters are urged to telework, rideshare and use alternate transit options described below.
Ridesharing - 3 Things to
- Call or visit Commuter Connections to find potential carpool riders in your neighborhood,or to start a vanpool with neighbors or colleagues along your commute, or enroll in Guaranteed Ride Home program for emergencies.
- Check local slug line organizers for carpooling opportunities. All county Park-and-Ride facilities are available for sluggers to set-up lines!
- Use the I-95 and I-495 Express Lanes for FREE with 3 people in a car (you’ll need an Express Lanes E-ZPass Flex transponder, though); and take advantage of the SmartBenefits transit benefits to help pay for your commute.
- Park-and-Rides and Bus Connections
Railway Express (VRE)
Commuting by Bike
During line segment shutdowns, limited Metrobus shuttle service will
replace trains between the shutdown zones.
-> Click on the affected area links in the below table for more information.
During most safety surges, Fairfax Connector will provide
supplemental express service on existring routes or on rush-hour
-> Click on the Fairfax Connector Supplemental SafeTrack Express Service links in the below table for more information.
Area Affected &
|Key Supplemental SafeTrack Express Bus Service|
|February 11- 28, 2017||Line Segment Shutdown||Rosslyn - Pentagon||
ALL Transit Connections
|March 4 - April 9, 2017||Continuous Single Track||
Phase 1: Braddock Rd to Huntington/Van
Phase 2: King St to Huntington (Yellow Line only)
ALL Transit Connections
|April - May 2017 Dates TBD||Continuous Single Track||Greenbelt - College Park||N/A|
|May - June 2017 Dates TBD||Continuous Single Track||Minnesota Ave - New Carrollton||N/A|
|June 2017 Dates TBD||Continuous Single Track||Shady Grove - Twinbrook||N/A|