Deputy Sheriff Applicant Disqualifiers
Applicants who have any of the past or current behavior(s) listed below will not be considered for employment.
- Alcohol and/or drug abuse
- Any felony criminal activity—convicted or undetected—or crimes of moral turpitude
- Domestic violence
- Conviction for possession or manufacturing of controlled substance(s) with the intent to distribute
- Inability to be insured to drive a motor vehicle or failure to possess a valid driver’s license. Virginia drivers must not have a negative point balance.
- Membership or participation in any organization advocating the violent overthrow of the government of the United States
- Misrepresentation, misinformation, misleading, inaccurate, untruthful or distorted information provided on the Intial Applicant Screening Form or the Personal History Statement (sent to applicants as part of a conditional job offer) or during any part of the selection process
- Failure to keep an appointment at any step of the hiring process without the prior approval of the Applicant Recruiting Section
- Failure to notify the Applicant Recruiting Section of a change in current address and/or telephone number