Weekenders in Jail
The court has the option of placing an offender in the Weekends in Jail program, which allows an inmate to retain his or her job and serve non-consecutive time for his or her sentence. Participants report to the Adult Detention Center every Friday by 6 p.m. and go home at 8 a.m. on Monday.
Instructions for Weekenders
Report to the first floor lobby of the Adult Detention Center (10520 Judicial Drive) on the Friday of each weekend you were ordered to serve by the court, unless otherwise specified by the judge. You will be released on Monday at 8 a.m. and credited with three days of incarceration. You will continue this routine on consecutive weekends (report on Fridays at 6 p.m. and leave on Mondays at 8 a.m.) until you complete your sentence.
Failure to report at the date and time specified by the court will result in the Sheriff's Office notifying the sentencing judge.
You will be required to take a breath and urine test. If you report for incarceration under the influence of drugs or alcohol, the Sheriff's Office will revoke your Weekends in Jail privilege.
All weekenders are required to pay a fee of $4 per day, which is used to defray the cost of your stay. You must pay the fee by money order and in full prior to the first weekend to be served. You may pay on the Monday through Thursday, prior to your first reporting date, between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. Please make the money order payable to your own name.
- Undergarments - two pairs of underwear, two t-shirts and two pairs of socks.
- Appropriate clothing - jeans or slacks, shirts and tennis shoes.
- Appropriate sleepwear.
- Limited cash - no more than $20 in denominations of $1 and $5. Do not bring credit or phone cards.
- Medication, only if approved by the Sheriff’s Office Medical Section - no more than a five-day supply AND in the original prescription container.
- Jewelry - plain wedding band only
- You are not allowed to wear shorts, halter tops, sleeveless shirts or shirts with obscene language/pictures.
- You are not allowed to wear gang paraphernalia or gang-style clothing, including bandanas, hooded sweatshirts or any other items deemed by Sheriff's Office staff to be gang-related.
- You are not allowed to bring personal hygiene items purchased from the outside. The Sheriff's Office will provide you with these items.
Failure to pay:
Failure to pay fees in full prior to the first weekend to be served will be treated as a willful act on your part not to participate in the program. If you fail to pay the fee or violate any rules of the Adult Detention Center or Alternative Incarceration Branch, you will be required to serve the remainder of your sentence on straight time in accordance with Virginia Code § 53.1-131.1. You will remain incarcerated at the end of your normal weekender release time. Upon revoking your ability to serve your sentence on nonconsecutive days, the AIB Administrative Section will notify the sentencing court.
If you have additional questions, call 703-246-4478 or 4465 [TTY 711 for hearing impaired].