The court has the option of placing an offender in the Weekend Confinement Program, which allows an inmate to retain his or her job and serve non-consecutive time for his or her sentence. Participants report to the Adult Detention Center every Friday by 6 p.m. and go home at 8 a.m. on Monday.
- Report to the ground floor lobby of the Adult Detention Center (10520 Judicial Drive) at 6 p.m. on Friday of each weekend ordered to serve by the court, unless otherwise specified by the judge. You will be released on Monday at 8 a.m. and credited with three days of incarceration. You will continue this routine on consecutive weekends (report on Fridays at 6 p.m. and leave on Mondays at 8 a.m.) until you complete your sentence.
- Failure to report at the date and time specified by the court will result in the Sheriff's Office notifying the sentencing judge.
- You may be required to take a blood, breath or urine test. If you report for incarceration under the influence of drugs or alcohol, the Sheriff's Office will revoke your Weekend Confinement privilege.
- All weekenders are required to pay a fee of $2 per day, which is used to defray the cost of your stay.
- Undergarments - two pairs of underwear, two t-shirts and two pairs of socks (plain white only, no logos).
- Medication, only if approved by the Sheriff’s Office Medical Services Branch - no more than a five-day supply AND in the original prescription container.
- Jewelry - plain wedding band only
- Personal hygiene items will be provided to you by the Sheriff's Office, and you will be issued a green inmate jumpsuit for wear while housed in the ADC.
Failure to pay
Failure to pay fees in full will be treated as a willful act on your part not to participate in the program. If you fail to pay the fee or violate any rules of the Adult Detention Center, you will be required to serve the remainder of your sentence on straight time in accordance with Virginia Code § 53.1-131.1. You will remain incarcerated at the end of your normal weekender release time. Upon revoking your ability to serve your sentence on nonconsecutive days, the ADC Inmate Records Section will notify the sentencing court.
If you have additional questions, call 703-246-2100 [TTY 711 for hearing impaired].